“Great Local Establishment ”

The Palms Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 84 Restaurants in Lexington
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

While visiting Lexington for the first time we accidentally found The Palms. Great service and food. Everyone was very friendly and attentive. Food came out fast and was tasty. Would love to come back in the evening and enjoy for a longer period of time.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

First stop in Lexington in the afternoon for a quick
bite. Very friendly, good food. Went back same day for dinner after checking into room for the night. Was crowded so sat at bar. Same friendly service & good food. Seemed a def local hang-out, which we prefer. A nice casual restaurant that plays good music!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I took my son on a road trip during Spring break and we stopped by Lexington for lunch. It was on a Monday, so most restaurants were closed and we made our way to Palms. As we entered, we viewed the bar area and several families seated at the tables surrounding it. The interior decor is dated with wallpaper that easily came from the 70's and prints of movies from the 80's, but don't let that deter you from the real reason you came in, a delicious and satisfying meal. I wasn't sure what to choose, but by the look of a patron's salad, who was seated close-by, I began to think it would be a safe bet and it sure was. I went for the cobb salad which is no ordinary one with candied pecans and dried cranberries, and I added salmon to the mix. The fish was cooked to point and very flavorful. I could not have been more happy with my dish. My son tried the cod tacos and really enjoyed them. They weren't too spicy and had a lot of flavor. They were served with house chips, that were slightly salty and not overly greasy. My son ordered the doughnut sundae for dessert and to our surprise, it actually comes in two servings (two doughnuts with two scoops of ice cream served on a plate). I was already full with my salad, but decided to dig in and enjoy it anyway. I didn't get far though, I just don't have enough of a sweet tooth to eat it all, but that is not to say it wasn't good. It truly was. It was a perfect way to end our meal and get back on the road.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped for dinner following College visit for burgers. Loved the southern red eye burger, wafflewich and bacon royale burger. Nice selection of locally brewed beers - Satan’s Pony and Devils Backbone Vienna lager. The dessert was amazing - we devoured the coconut cream pie and dirty duo (and very reasonably priced at $5). Server was friendly, attentive and helpful - thanks Santana!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We tried this place on our first night of a 2-night stay in Lexington (doing some section hiking on the AT nearby). It was busy, so our early arrival was good. Plenty of selections of sandwiches, burgers, salads, and entrees. The burgers we got were both good, as were the fries and salads. Wait staff were ok, but busy. The atmosphere was all local (VMI, W & L, Civil War, etc) but the music as a bit loud. We were finished and left as it was getting really crowded on this Sunday evening: families, friends, and college students pouring in...
Overall, a good local restaurant with good food, large selection, and decent prices.