Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We stayed for 2 nights while visiting nearby. Room quality was good. Staff friendly enough. Location good. Breakfast included was better than average for type of accomodation.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank captmike04530
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington

Reviewed 27 January 2012

This hotel chain is now my favorite while I'm on the road.
Cookies, coffee, comfy chairs and interesting bookshelf greet you in the bright lobby of the hotel.
A coupon from the visitors center at the Va. rest stop made this hotel @$59.95 a real deal. And the king bed was super comfy too.
Breakfast in the morning offered real eggs & sausage and all the usual items in a pleasant uncramped setting. The staff we met were friendly and helpful.
Worth the extra few miles off 1 -81 to stop here.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Suemacktours
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Driving home from Orlando to Ontario on Jan 20, 2012. We had driven a very long day and were looking for somewhere for the night. Pulled off I-81 at Lexington, Virginia with the hotel coupon book from the Virginia Welcome Centre. Had chosen the Country Inn based on amenities and price in the book as our first stop to check out. Well, we did not go any further! The entrance is warm and inviting, cookies available even at 11pm in the evening. Reception was very welcoming and took the coupon with no questions. Room with two queen beds, free wi-fi and hot breakfast for $59.95! We were sold.

Once in the room, everything was clean. The room has lots of space, very comfortable beds, large and squeaky clean bathroom. We slept great. Hotel has lovely indoor pool, which was closed at that time of the evening so we did not venture in.

Morning saw coffee, tea, and hot breakfast available. Everything was great - hot when it should be and cold when it should be.

I have no complaints to offer and would definitely recommend to anyone. Have put on our travel planner as the place to stop on the next road trip to Florida!

Room Tip: Ask for room at top of stairs at entrance - easy access and away from morning breakfasters.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Bearhug71
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Imagine being an exhausted traveler with a hot shower, a good night's rest, and home on your mind. That was my state of mind when we checked into this hotel. We dropped our bags in our room, and I immediately used the bathroom - and the toilet didn't flush. I let it rest for a few minutes and tried again; and once again the water came up to the rim and I held my breath.

We asked to move to another room and the staff was very accommodating. In fact, they upgraded us to a one bedroom suite. We moved our luggage, and I couldn't wait to take a shower. I had one foot in the tub when my husband yelled, "There's a mouse in here!"

We enjoyed the rest of the night at the Comfort Inn next door.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank newlyretired82010
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I stayed here my 1st time 12/12/11. It's the nicest hotel in Lexington. Room was remodeled, and very clean. Everything is in good repair. The pool was warm, and jacuzzi was hot-both just right. Breakfast was great, more like Grandma's than a hotel. I had a coupon, so the price was great to boot.

Room Tip: It's about 1/2 mile from interstate, so it's really quiet. The rooms in the back face a resi...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business