“So disappointed :(”
Review of Stone Tower Winery

Stone Tower Winery
Ranked #18 of 245 Restaurants in Leesburg
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

I was so excited to visit Stone Tower because it is such a popular winery. Unfortunately, it was not a good experience. The staff members were cold and refused to accommodate our group. I’m accustomed to a welcoming atmosphere in the Middleburg area, but this winery felt more like a trip to the DMV. So, so disappointed.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 23 July 2018

We have several friends that are members at the winery and we've had a great experience until today. The management team greeted us at the entrance to tell us that we weren't welcome at the winery since we did not make a reservations. We were a group of 12 that could have easily broken into two of 6 They were rude, disrespectful and were not willing to accommodate our group. Even though there was an over abundance of seating available. There was 30 t0 40 seats available from just what we could see at the entrance. I questioned why and the female manager among asked me to leave the premises although I was having a very civil conversation with the other manager.
Our entire group was taken back with the treatment we received. I made reservations with two other wineries and would have done the same if the website had been clearly made a point that you were only welcome with a tasting. 75% of the chairs were available so you would think they would have accommodated us. Instead they embarrassed myself and my clients. I would have gladly paid more but they didn't even extend that option.

We went to 50 West Vineyards and Chrysalis who were absolutely amazing and went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. A recommendation to all..... do not make plans to visit Stone Tower it you expect to receive exceptional customer service.
There will be several members who will be getting out of their membership after being treated so badly.

Date of visit: July 2018
2  Thank Kimberly G
Reviewed 13 April 2018

We tasted in the "non-children" barn. They had a greeter who was nice enough and gave us a quick run down of the layout. Went downstairs and did tasting around large counter with many others. The information on the wines was pretty much a memorized and spit back out synopsis. Enjoyed the Rose and the Malbec. Tastings were pretty high for the tiny pours and were not waived with purchase.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank juliewillgreg
Reviewed 25 February 2018

This is one of those vineyards everyone always mentions, and it's extremely popular, so we stopped in while checking out a few others in the area. There are two tasting buildings, one of which is 21+ only, and the second is for families and those with dogs. The 21+ building is lovely, but very busy on a Saturday. The pourer didn't really describe the wines or talk about how they're made. The bar was very crowded and they were too busy trying to get everyone through their tastings so that they could move onto the next group. None of the wines really stuck out in my mind, and I don't care for such a rushed tasting. This is one of the large scale, commercial operations that has a lovely setting, and easy drinking wines for people that don't have much experience with wine. Glad I checked it off the list, but I don't have a desire to go back.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Full on circus of pretentious people who know nothing about wine. 6 ish umbrellas for 75 tables (all full of people) and in the direct sun. Nowhere near enough tasting bar space.

Then they welcome the drunk buses in the afternoon. Shame what it has become. This is a business before a winery.

Date of visit: September 2017