“Great meal!”

Price range: USD 15 - USD 30
Description: Fresh-off-the-hook New England Style Seafood
Description: Fresh-off-the-hook New England Style Seafood
Reviewed 24 July 2017

We were staying over at Lansdowne Resort and stumbled onto this place and decided to give it a try. Glad we stopped in! The cornbread mini muffins were tasty. Had the steamer clams as an appetizer and the broth was delicious, but the clams were really, really sandy -- our one downer during the meal (and why we rated it 4 instead of 5 stars). We had the barramundi special and Billy's lobstah tails as our entrees. Both were perfectly cooked. Pleasantly delighted by the cauliflower mash. The creme brulee was smooth. Server was attentive and cheerful. Dining room was a bit loud so it was sometimes difficult to carry a coversation. We had no problem finding a parking space.

fordsfishshack, Owner at Ford's Fish Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you had a great experience. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Our first visit to this relatively new restaurant was really disappointing. We tried calling ahead for seating but it was not accepted (but look at the wait paging device label and there is a number for call ahead!). Although the hostess said the wait would be 30 minutes, it became 50 minutes because she seated a party ahead of us who had come in about 15 minutes after us. Obviously "first come, first served" is not the policy here. The average food and service certainly did not offset the bad start along with the place being HORRIBLY NOISY (go elsewhere for quiet dining), lobster prices are sky-high ($24 for a lobster roll), and the men's room was dirty. Not a good start for a restaurant that just opened in a location known for repeated business failures.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

I was SO excited to see that there was New England seafood on the menu, mainly steamers and fried clams and the menu is very varied.

I wanted to make sure the clams were good so we got just a pint of the fried clams along with steamers, mussels and the cured salmon dish. The first thing I noticed when I started eating the steamers and the mussels was they needed to be cooked more. When you peel the clam out of the she'll it shouldn't come apart and the mussels were still a bit mushy. I was also put off by the taste of the bellies. I love clams with bellies and normally they have a sweet flavor but these were very muddy tasting. The broth that the steamers came in was delicious and it, of course, came with bread for dipping.

Now to the fried clams...Same problem as with the steamers, the bellies tasted muddy and the clam as a whole had no taste at all. Very disappointing when the front of the menu states they created the restaurant around the "fish shacks" in New England.

The cured salmon dish was interesting. I'm more used to lox and the thin slices. This salmon came in a piece similar to the way you get cooked salmon. The dish also came with a tomato, onion mixture drizzled with balsamic reduction and goat cheese instead of cream cheese along with toasted bread. The tomatoes must have been local because they were delicious.

The four dishes were more than enough to fill us up. The prices though are a bit on the expensive side. I was also surprised by the wait staff when I told them we were originally from New England where a lot of these dishes originate she still explained them to us like we didn't know what we were talking about...I just got a bit put off by that but that's me...

All in all it was nice seeing a restaurant in the Mid Atlantic who had this menu I just wish they would work on getting fresher, tastier seafood for us former New Englanders who want a taste of home.

Make sure you get the mini corn muffins, they were delicious! I could have eaten a dozen of them.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Visited for the first time this past Saturday morning. We were amongst the first customers through the doors. Very quiet and staff very attentive. Service was with a smile and food arrived quickly and hot. Will definitely go again for brunch and highly recommend it.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

My husband and I have enjoyed the wonderful seafood at Ford's in Ashburn, and were excited to have them open here in Lansdowne where we live. We went on Father's Day, and enjoyed the food,as usual, but the noise was over-whelming! We could not hear each other for the loud conversations around us. Don't know why there is no sound-proofing, but it was painful to hear the racket. We'll keep going to the Ashburn Ford's, but not the local one.