“Got some oysters and a surprise!”
Review of The Dub Shack

The Dub Shack
Ranked #18 of 32 Restaurants in Kilmarnock
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

We went to four restaurants for oysters , they were all closed! My wife called the Lancaster Chamber or Commerce for a recommendation and the lady, Donna told her to try The Dub Shack. We found the place on S. Main and went in. We both ordered "specialty drinks" that were way too sweet and then an appetizer. We had the spinach dip and it was amazing! Very tasty and it came with enough slices of can be best described as toasted Naan.
After the dip, we both had the fried oysters. I had mine with collard greens and shoestring fries and a surprise! I found a pearl in one of the tender, juicy oysters!
I can highly recommend The Dub Shack, even if you do not get a pearl, the experience is well worth it.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

My wife and I traveled to Kilmarnock on a Thursday to attend an evening play and read the high reviews of the Dub Shack in Trip Advisor so we thought we would give it a try.
We arrived to a half empty restaurant at 6:50 PM and ordered a Club sandwich for my wife and fish tacos for myself. We thought they were easy orders. Our waitress was there to fill our water glasses and take our order.

As time passed, we began to worry that something was wrong in the kitchen. The place was packed by 7:15 and we saw people getting their food and we had arrived BEFORE they did.

By 7:40, and still no food in sight, we told the waitress we were going to leave. Two gentlemen who arrived just before we did, were still waiting for their food as well.

It may have been our order got lost or there was a massive 'snafu' in the kitchen. We will give it another try but we were both disappointed and HUNGRY.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

We've had dinner at both the bar and in a booth and enjoyed the ambiance of both. The servers are friendly and responsive. The food was great. My chicken pecan salad was so good with a great mix of greens, pecans and mandarin oranges that it barely needed any dressing. The cold cut sandwhich my husband enjoyed was superb. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 25 March 2018

This restaurant is almost always busy and has amazing food and great environment. Large Bar crowd and Large dining crowd. Staff is great and so is the food. One of my favorite places

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Stopped in for the first time... had a salmon cake - which I make my own...so comparing theirs to mine may not be fair. Needed just a bit more in flavortown. Diced celery, red pepper and onion are in mine with avocado mayo and seasoned with sea salt and some herbs. This one needed something...but the good news was...it was gluten free.
Hubby had the beef stew... just needed a little more flavor... but it was ok...and we enjoyed our visit.