Before electing to stay at the hotel my wife and I decided to enjoy high tea or dinner and check the place out. We live 60 miles away and decided to do some Charlottesville shopping then check out the high tea at Keswick. We've enjoyed high tea at other high end hotels and ships so we are able to compare. The food was good but service very poor. Our server was prompt to greet us and serve us but once the action picked up and she had to serve all the customers herself the event was uneventful. Our server never offered us water, made one very brief visit early, then never returned until it was bill time. No offer was made for a replenishment of tea and in general we found the time to be just non-special. We really expected more and will probably pass on a return trip for dinner
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This place is temporarily closed for major renovations. It will reopen in 2019. History and spectacular landscapes come together at Charlottesville, where Thomas Jefferson country meets Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains. Celebrated landmarks, including Jefferson's Monticello and the University of Virginia, are clustered here among swathes of the East Coast's most beautiful scenery, home to renowned horse races, hunts and vineyards. This is the setting for Keswick Hall & Golf Club, an impressive resort with 48 newly refreshed guest rooms, a luxurious spa and the award winning Pete Dye golf course, Full Cry. Enjoy tennis, archery, award-winning dining, croquet, children's activities and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, getaroom.com, lastminute.com.au, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Keswick Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keswick Hall Hotel Keswick
- Hall At Monticello Charlottesville Keswick