“A Horse Country hotel to yourself”
Review of Keswick Hall

Keswick Hall
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Keswick
Reviewed 17 October 2012 via mobile

I actually stayed at Keswick on a buisness trip, they had a fall promotion and since I had always wanted to stay there it was a great excuse. I was lucky enough to stay at their sister property the Jefferson the night before arriving at Keswick so was anticipating an equal experience. I'm pretty sure I spent more in the restaurant than on the room since the food and local beer was so good so I'm sure it worked out for them. Keswick is set on a hillside overlooking the golf course and Surrounding rolling hills. Sunsets here are out of control, it reminds me a lot of the views and scenery at Auberge du Soleil in Napa Valley. What I was not expecting was the dialed in service an staff, they turned what is a nice place into a world class hotel. They are unobtrusive but there when you need something, a skill which staff at many other resorts and hotels can't mange. Hopefully my wife can join me on the next trip to Keswick, until then keep doing what your doing Keswick. Other Travelers looking for a low key posh setting to unwind will love Keswick. Don't forget to do some horseback riding, have the eggs benedict in bed and soak in the heated outdoor pool.

• Stayed: September 2012
JenniferCrispPRMgr, Public Relations Manager at Keswick Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Thank you for your review! We hope that you will return again soon with your wife for a getaway. Thank you also for choosing The Jefferson Hotel while visiting Richmond.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

my wife and I recently celebrated our 32 yr anniversary at keswick. we have stayed here ten times and I look forward to ten more
keswick is one of the finest places I have ever stayed, and I have stayed all over the world
keswick is a destination. my wife and I ride the bikes, we play golf, we play tennis , we use the pool (and you can use the indoor pool when the weather is bad) we take yoga on sundays, we eat all our meals there
each of the items I mentioned is top notch
the people who work here are wonderful, we had a little accounting situation when we checked out and Lisa took care of it
she was pleasant and listened to me
ally in the spa is wonderful
eric , the head pro is a class, and very pleasant person, he always has time for you. ask him a dump question he has heard a thousand times and he takes the time to answer it
missy in fossets is great
(I do miss buddy however
and I loved hearing patricia leading the historic tour

as a visitor, I would like to say that it is a privilege to be able to stay here
and to the people who make keswick what it is, you must feel honored

Room Tip: if cost is an issue, stay in the lease expensive rooms, all rooms are terrific
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank morgel
JenniferCrispPRMgr, Public Relations Manager at Keswick Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

Thank you for your review and for your many visits to the resort. We so appreciate you, our loyal return guest, and look forward to welcoming you and your wife back for many more visits to come. Happy Anniversary!

Reviewed 3 October 2012

Keswick Hall, just a few miles north of Charlottesville, VA, in the horse, winery and plantation areas of Piedmont region of Virginia. It is a wonderful getaway location. A first class property, with an Arnold Palmer 18 hole golf course and a complete spa/club house. The hotel has all the amenities one could as for. The room had one of the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in. We were greeted on our anniversary stay with a complementary bottle of sparkling wine and the service just got better from there. Turn down service was standard. Our room had a very large private balcony overlooking the front grounds of the hotel and the golf course. The heated year around salt water infinity pool was a wonderful experience. It's open 24 hours a day!
Dining room in the main hotel was elegant and the food was superb in the Palmer dining room located in the spa. We will be back to enjoy this great retreat again. It's less than 2 hours from Washington, DC.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the balcony rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank moarng06
JenniferCrispPRMgr, Public Relations Manager at Keswick Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Thank you for your review and for choosing Keswick Hall for your anniversary getaway. We hope that you will return again soon!

Reviewed 24 September 2012

We stayed 3 nights at Keswick Hall for our anniversary. The property is beautiful. We had a balcony deluxe room with a king bed. The room was very pricey and in addition to the room rate, there is a "resort fee" which seems excessive given what we paid over $600 per night for the room. I am not sure what you get for this fee, since you have to pay extra for golf or spa treatments or any of the other activities they offer. Frankly, I think they should remove it from our bill. Especially since it is based on your room rate. So if you pay more for your room, you pay more for the "resort fee" even though you are using the same pool.

The room had French doors leading out to a very nice size balcony with a view of the golf course. The only drawback was it was located right by the service entrance to the restaurant/hotel and a parking area. The room was very quite. The bathroom was large. There is a gorgeous "horizon" salt water pool right next to the Hotel. However, they want you to walk down to the next building to change into your suites and them walk back up to the hotel pool. Very inconvenient.

We ate at the hotel 2 nights. The first at the Palmer Room. It is a bar. The food was underwhelming but the staff was pleasant. We ate dinner at Fossett's Restaurant. The food was outstanding. We were fortunate that the sommelier was available that evening. He did a wonderful job of pairing the wine with our food. We ordered room service once. It was good. The only complaint was the latte. It was plain and not very good.

The location for this property is good. Not too far from Charlottesville and the "downtown mall" or Monticello. I would recommend booking your Monticello tour online. There are many wineries in the area. (The Virginia Wine In My Pocket) is a great app for finding all of the wineries in Virginia. It includes a description of the winery, location and hours. We enjoyed the King Family Vineyard. They have polo matches on Sunday afternoons. Dave Matthews also has a winery, Blenheim.

The Shenandoah skyline drive is beautiful. It can be easily accessed just off 250 around the Afton exit. The views are incredible.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
JenniferCrispPRMgr, Public Relations Manager at Keswick Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Thank you for your review. Please know that we have been carefully considering the resort's fees and effective on October 1, resort fees at Keswick Hall will be a flat, nightly fee per room. The fee will continue to include guest us of the three swimming pools, tennis courts, bicycles, resort tours, children's activities, wine tastings, nature trials, resort tours, etc. and access to the private Keswick Club located next door, where guests may enjoy the golf course and the spa at special Keswick Hall guest pricing.
We hope that this will assist in your decision to return to the resort again and we would ask that you contact our General Manager's office directly for special assistance with your reservation.

Reviewed 15 September 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights with family while visiting Charlottesville area. The resort is within a 10-15 minute drive to "downtown" and Monticello. Overall the place is fantastic. The really good things were the room (especially the bathroom and great shower), the relaxing infinity pool, more than adequate work-out room, the breakfast food (but very expensive), the friendly and helpful staff, and most of all the early coffee cart (6:30 I think) that you can enjoy in very pleasant surroundings. My kids really liked the pool table at night. Hard to find something bad to say, but the one that stands out is the cheesy snacks in the hotel room that are typical overpriced (read: rip-off) shlock that one should only find in hotels of lesser caliber (or how about not at all?). It's really disappointing to arrive in a beautiful resort and magnificent room and then see the basket of peanuts for $12 or bottled water for $7 (I'm just approximating). Am I naive?? Do people actually like this stuff? Anyway, point made. Oh, and the dogs! Some guests have them and they occasionally bark, a lot, in the rooms. Overall this place is a pleasure and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
JenniferCrispPRMgr, Public Relations Manager at Keswick Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Thank you for your review! We are delighted that you enjoy your stay and will look forward to your return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Keswick
2.9 km away
Comfort Inn Monticello
#22 of 35 in Charlottesville
6.3 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Charlottesville
Hilton Garden Inn Charlottesvill...
#6 of 35 in Charlottesville
10.3 km away
200 South Street Inn
200 South Street Inn
#11 of 35 in Charlottesville
11.8 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlottesville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlo...
#1 of 35 in Charlottesville

Been to Keswick Hall? Share your experiences!