Keswick Hall is still a fantastic place to visit, but I have to note that our usual flawless stay did not quite happen this time. It is no longer an Orient Express property, and I am not sure if a certain amount of "slippage" is to be expected. Our room was clean, the staff charming and helpful, the grounds spotless, and the horizon pool was awesome, although it would help if they made it not only "adults only," but mobile phone free too...too many loud utterly pointless phone conversations can ruin an otherwise idyllic poolside sojourn. The one major glitch came over dinner at Keswick's signature restaurant, Fossett's. A 40-minute plus lull after our appetizer plates had been removed prompted my wife and I to inquire whether our dinner order had been forgotten. The food then appeared, but it looked somewhat hastily plated and my wife's fish entree was diminutive beyond belief. A dining room manager later explained that there had been some changes in the kitchen and that things were still be worked out..the chef came out and apologized too. They did insist on comping our entire meal, which was very generous, but I doubt it would have gotten that far had someone just given us a headsup and offered us more bread and wine during the 40 minute wait that things were running a bit slow. I applaud them for coming clean when called on it (although I HATE having to complain) and comping the meal was great. But I still am worried that this might be a sign that Keswick's transition to a new owner might be problematic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This place is temporarily closed for major renovations. It will reopen in 2019. History and spectacular landscapes come together at Charlottesville, where Thomas Jefferson country meets Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains. Celebrated landmarks, including Jefferson's Monticello and the University of Virginia, are clustered here among swathes of the East Coast's most beautiful scenery, home to renowned horse races, hunts and vineyards. This is the setting for Keswick Hall & Golf Club, an impressive resort with 48 newly refreshed guest rooms, a luxurious spa and the award winning Pete Dye golf course, Full Cry. Enjoy tennis, archery, award-winning dining, croquet, children's activities and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Hooroo Pty Ltd and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Keswick Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keswick Hall Hotel Keswick
- Hall At Monticello Charlottesville Keswick