All reviewsinfinity poolmain restaurantbeautiful propertypublic roomsjunior suitetennis courtssouthern charmcharlottesville areathird floorfitness centervilla crawfordfossett's restaurantorient express propertyspamonticellovirginiabilliards
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We loved this resort, I went with my family and 3 friends for a weekend getaway and we had a great time. The staff was incredible friendly and as soon as we got there they greeted us at the door and provided us with all the details about our rooms. The food is pretty incredible and the services superb. During our stay, the front desk made everything super easy and was very helpful in arranging our activities in and outside the resort (thank you Roberto); Duane will always greet us with a smile, get the doors, ask where we were going, and was just extremely friendly (thank you fixing my son’s bicycle sit). The rest of the front desk staff was very gracious and very attentive to our needs.

Our rooms were gorgeous and large with a supper comfortable bed, an oversize tub and our balcony had a great view to the golf course. The resort was clean and the grounds were maintained immaculately. After our activities we were immediately greeted and offered bottle water or had the choice to complimentary lemonade.

Would I stay here again? Yes, yes and yes! The Keswisk knows how to treat their guess; I just wish we had more time to do all the fun stuff they have at this place and the historic places nearby.

I have stayed at many 4 and 5 star resorts around the world and this was one of my best experiences by far.

Until next time Keswick Hall.

Pablo B.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank PTrotamundo
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We recently spent several days at Keswick Hall, having won a Luxury link auction for the stay.
We enjoyed the stay very much, and although there were a few minor disconnects we thought
the experience was positive. We had bid on a Deluxe Room, and on arrival found that we had been upgraded to a suite. The room was spacious, had good views and was well appointed.
We chose to dine at Fossett's Restaurant our first night, and enjoyed a great meal. We were
particularly pleased at the hostess assuring our table location on the large windows overlooking
the golf course. As we watched a full moon rise we could not have asked for a lovelier setting.
Our package included breakfast, in this case juice, coffee and an entree choice from a varied
selection. We both enjoyed the two breakfasts, except our preference for hotter coffee. The
service was quite good. We used the fitness center, which had a good selection of exercise
equipment, and enjoyed being able to walk along the interior roadways along the golf course
and the residences in the estate. It appears the property has a long and interesting history,
but now is obviously a major corporation-run multipurpose enterprise. Having experienced
this type development in Florida and elsewhere, we felt Keswick Hall was definitely a cut
above. It is not cheap, but the overall estate beauty and professional approach justified the
cost for us. It appears that as many resorts tend to do, a cadre of younger staff are given a
good bit of latitude and responsibility. This was not troublesome, but did lead to a few times
when the communications were not quite as clear as needed. Example- bridge out on a road
leading to the Hall, but instructions provided for access were not current or clear.
If asked if we would go back, we'd say yes. The area is beautiful, the Hall a nice, older site
which is being well maintained, and an excellent restaurant offers a very good menu and
extensive wine list. For a Charlottesville visit, Monticello, local wineries and great back road
vistas it would be hard to beat.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Thank you for your review. We do apologize for any inconvenience that the recent work by the state on the Shadwell Bridge may have caused. We are delighted to report that the work is now complete!

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I just returned from a weekend trip to Keswick Hall. I was not impressed at all. To begin with, the room service is far from what you would expect. For example, you do not receive salt and pepper with your order. At breakfast, most hotels give you jelly or jam when you order toast. Not this place. Yesterday morning when I called to order breakfast, I asked what kind of muffins they had, and I was told that they had blueberry muffins. I ordered one, and when my order arrived I received two blackberry muffins and one raspberry muffin. I am allergic to both of those berries. When I called to express my dismay, the woman who took my order had no explanation at all. When I told her I was allergic to blackberries and raspberries, there was no apology for sending me something I didn't order.
It was not just room service that disappointed me. What five star resort does not give their guests plastic bags to put their dirty laundry in? Keswick Hall. I could go on, but you get the picture. This resort in not worth the high price they charge. I've stayed at five star resorts, and trust me, this is not one of them. Don't expect to be pampered.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank LutheranGirl
JenniferCrispPRMgr, Public Relations Manager at Keswick Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2012

Thank you for also reaching out to our General Manager directly so that he can address your concerns right away. Our most sincere apologies for the issues you encountered.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

I dream of going back to Keswick Hall for another getaway and can not believe it has been 3 years since I have been. It is everything I want out of a special getaway. Comfortable, detail oriented, with an incredible staff! I needed some time and to just relax--the spa was wonderful with professional and personable attendants. The room was gorgeous as was the HUGE bathroom. I enjoyed drinks and food in the bar and thouroughly enjoyed my high tea in front of the fire place with both tea and champagne. Since I visited there is a new chef at Fossetts so I will be happy to try the food again. 3 years ago I was disappointed with the food but the new reviews so promising.

Room Tip: I loved the room service breakfast which was included in the package I made for myself. However the delivery times definetely got messed up. Also I got the local paper and the Washington Poat delivered to my room each AM and I loved that!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Thank you for your review and for your return to Keswick Hall. We hope that it won't be quite so long before your next visit. A special thank you for noting the arrival of Chef Aaron Cross to Fossett's!

Reviewed 16 June 2012

I stayed here 2 nights last week on a business trip, had a massage treatment, had some drinks and a light lunch, as well as a private dinner. I was happy overall, but did have some issues. The room wasn't ready when I was to check in, they were to call me, but they didn't. I had an awesome room, but found out the next morning while I was leaving for the business meeting, that they were going to have to move me to another room. They had to move my stuff for me while I was gone. The drink orders at the bar weren't correct and the prices were horrible for wine. $19 for a glass of california wine? $15 for another? The $7 drafts for local beer was fine. I asked 3 times with 3 different people to update and correct my bar tab, but it never got done. The food was fantastic though. I would never spend this money to stay at a place like this. I will give them credit, they did have a bottle of wine and some cheese in my room with an apology about the room change.

Room Tip: first room was a corner overlooking the croquette and golf course. the 2nd room over looked the parking lot.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Thank you for your review. Please again accept our apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced due to the room move. Thank you also for your feedback on your experience in the bar.