My husband and I celebrated our Anniversary this past weekend at Keswick Hall... first time away without the children in years! Upon arrival, we were greeted by a helpful young bellboy who immediately took care of our luggage and car. Our room was ready, overlooking the golf course, as requested! It was clean, cool and comfortable. In comparison to a stay at The Homestead a few years back, Keswick appeared to be better maintained. Everyone was pleasant and service was very good... in some instances excellent, in a few, just okay. Our drinks and appetizers outside at Fossett's bar were relaxing and afforded a beautiful view of the area. A late dinner at the Palmer House on our first evening was very good as well.
The Horizon pool was spectacular! Relaxing, quiet and with a few extra touches such as the chilled water coolers infused with lemon, cucumber and mint and sunscreen available at shaded tables by the pool.
Dinner at Fossett's was fantastic! Our waittress, Mary was pleasant, knowledgeable about the menu (which had just changed that day), and attentive. The crabcake appetizers were wonderful, as were our bison and lamb entrees. A "Happy Anniversary" drizzled in chocolate on our dessert plate along with complementary champagne were unexpected treats!
Three areas that didn't meet our expectations: First, we returned from our pleasant couples' massage hoping to enjoy afternoon tea at Villa Crawford (which we heard was very good) on Sat. Tea is served from 3:00 to 5:00. We arrived at 3:50 and waited outside the room for about 10 minutes before anyone came out to greet us. The two service women clearing tea cups walked right past us. When I inquired if tea was available, she pointed out the second attendant and said she was not sure, I would have to ask her. When asking the second, she said that she could offer us tea but couldn't guarantee sandwiches as it had been a busy afternoon. Perhaps we could return the next day (we could NOT)? This was disappointing as we had a late dinner reservation and had intended this touted tea to be our late lunch. If tea is advertised for a 2 hr. window, one would think that there would be enough food and pastries to last more than one hour?! Our second note, the mattress in our room was very hard... even for my husband who likes a firm mattress. Last, the room rates are very high. It would be nice to return again if there is a decent package, but, over $450/per night for a standard room is pricey for the average couple. Hopefully there will be specials offered to encourage repeat visitors. We truly enjoyed our stay and would love to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- History and spectacular landscapes come together at Charlottesville, where Thomas Jefferson country meets Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountains. Celebrated landmarks, including Jefferson's Monticello and the University of Virginia, are clustered here among swathes of the East Coast's most beautiful scenery, home to renowned horse races, hunts and vineyards. This is the setting for Keswick Hall & Golf Club, an impressive resort with 48 newly refreshed guest rooms, a luxurious spa and the award winning Pete Dye golf course, Full Cry. Enjoy tennis, archery, award-winning dining, croquet, children's activities and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, lastminute.com.au, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Keswick Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keswick Hall Hotel Keswick
- Hall At Monticello Charlottesville Keswick