6,053 results
All reviewsthe main dining roomjefferson restauranthistory tourice skatinghomestead resortcarriage ridehorseback ridingspa servicestroutbreakfast buffetlobby bargorge hikesam snead's tavernjefferson poolscasino restaurantgarden wingsouthern charm
Reviewed 5 April 2018

This was our third visit to the Homestead. Twice we have traveled with our young granddaughter. She loves the outdoor pool, arcade, and horseback riding. The setting is totally relaxing. Dining experiences are a bit limited, but it is a short walk into town for a casual lunch at Subway. While my granddaughter played in the arcade with her grandfather, I was able to do an invigorating hike in the mountains. The concierge provided a map with three choices of hiking paths. The beauty of the surroundings provides peace and serenity.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank NancyLee_10
HomesteadResort, General Manager at The Omni Homestead Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear NancyLee_10,

It’s wonderful to hear you had such an exceptional experience on your recent visit to The Omni Homestead and thank you for your continued patronage of our historic resort. It's great to see that your granddaughter is able to create memories with you and her grandfather and enjoy all the amenities we offer. So happy you had a relaxing and enjoyable stay and were able to go enjoy your hike. Thank you for taking the time to share your review and your accolades of our beautiful historic resort., We look forward to welcoming you all back soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Love the history and feel. Don't like the 'cruise ship' 'WOW' Airline feel of everything you do cost you money. Cashless charges not a good customer friendly idea. $39 Hotel Service Charge - not optional. Cancellation policy is vague and deceptive. Room deposit required and charged to your CC when you make your reservation - might make sense during the busy season but not when the hotel was only 1/4 occupied. Being a return visitor I expected more and received less.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Matthew P
HomesteadResort2, General Manager at The Omni Homestead Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear Matthew P,
Thank you for visiting The Homestead. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced. I can assure you we take your comments seriously and they will be reviewed with our reservations team to prevent a recurrence of this type in the future. We hope you will visit us again and I ask that you call me personally so I may be of assistance and ensure the great Homestead experience for which we are known.
Many Thanks,
Brett Schoenfield

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I attended a sorority conference at The Homestead in Hot Springs, VA. From the moment of check-in to the moment of check-out, my stay was pure luxury. The setting was ideal, the decor was stately and elegant. The room was comfortable and dreamy. The food/beverages were top-notch. The shopping was fabulous. With so many scheduled meetings, I didn't really have time to try many of the offered activities (falconry, zip lining, hiking, golfing). I guess that just means I will have to return again soon!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank tarrig2018

Dear tarrig2018,

It’s wonderful to hear you had such an exceptional experience at your sorority conference here at The Omni Homestead. We strive to provide excellent service in all areas to all guests and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time share your review and for the many accolades of our resort from the decor and shopping to our food and beverage. We hope you will return soon for a visit and look forward to welcoming you back.
The Omni Homestead.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

relaxing place to hang out with family. not quite as well maintained as expected. afternoon tea is lovely. activities are a bit contrived. the surrounding area is absolutely beautiful and the heated outdoor pool and hot tub made it worth it!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank jennifercF126YU
HomesteadResort, General Manager at The Omni Homestead Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear jennifercF126YI,

It’s wonderful to hear you had an enjoyable stay recently at The Omni Homestead and thank you for taking the time share your feedback, Glad you were able to experience our Southern Social Hour in the Great Hall and also the Allegheny springs pool and hot tub. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My checkout experience turned into the Voyage of the Damned. I had to be hospitalized due to food poisoning I contracted while staying here. Sicker than I have ever been in my life. I’ve now missed two days of work, incurred thousands for the hospital stay, all for a $2500 2 day stay that left me intensely ill. It’s not worth the risk.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank jefftmartin

Dear Jefftmartin,
Please accept my most heartfelt apologies for your less than stellar experience. I am terribly sorry for not only your experience at checkout and your sickness.
I hope that you’ll one day reconsider your decision not to return and allow us the opportunity to regain your confidence. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at any time if there is anything further I can be of assistance with.
Many Thanks,