“Great Kabobs and food in general.”
Review of Charcoal Kebab

Charcoal Kebab
Ranked #8 of 242 Restaurants in Herndon
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I love kabobs and the various meats and seasonings. The rice is also delicious and we really enjoyed the entire meal.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Ordered 2 large combo platters for 3 adults.
Each platter comes with rice, salad, large tandoori bread, choice of 1 veg side. All good. Also a yogurt dipping sauce / salad dressing.

Owner very helpful when you order, just explain what you are looking for.
Pictures are on the order board, pictures also on carryout menu. Website didn’t have pictures, but was more descriptive of the dishes.

Tried 4 meats: one person liked lamb best, one person liked beef best, one person liked “all of them” which included boneless chicken. The least favorite was the Keema, like spicy meatloaf shaped like a long kebab.

Tried 3 veg sides: best were “mixed potatoes/carrots/peas” and “chickpeas,” both mild. Also liked spinach, but very spicy. Other choices available were lentils and spicy lentils.

Plenty of people were ordering for carry out. Took about 15 minutes to prepare the order. And there were 3-4 tables occupied for eat-in as well. Very attractive and clean inside.

1  Thank cindy r
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

My family has enjoyed dining here since 1998 and we couldn’t love it more. The chicken is my favorite. In my opinion, the bone-in is more moist. Don’t forget the yogurt for dipping and try the mango drink. Our favorites!

1  Thank Jesse S
Reviewed 27 January 2018

I have been going to Charcoal Kebob off and on for years; I remember when it first opened in its original location. Now I usually get carryout for dinner. I get chicken kebob, lamb chops (very good), beef, lamb, kema kebobs. The bread is very good but since I am watching my diet, I get the low carb version which has grilled vegetables, salad, and side dish (chickpeas, spinach, etc.) with the meat. They can make any dish low carb.

1  Thank EleniMaria
Reviewed 21 December 2017

The best lamb kabob I've had in a long time. The kabobs come with your choice of the usual sides--spinach, chickpeas, lentils--bread and rice. The price is a bit high--my lunch was about $13--but not too bad for what you're getting. The decor was nice and the sound level was not too high. Seating is pretty cramped, though. Get there by 1130 if you don't want to wait too long for your lunch.

1  Thank Brian R