“Rude taking order”

Add it.
China Village
Ranked #162 of 244 Restaurants in Herndon
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I was asking about the menu, and the lady at the register was rude and unpleasant. Fried rice barely have meat. Not recommended.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

While visiting friends, we recently got takeout from China Village. The General Tso Chicken was flavorful and the portions were huge. My wife got chicken and broccoli, which I liked as well (I stole a bite or two). The service was the kicker! The restaurant mistakenly gave us wontons instead of crab rangoons, and before we got far at all, they called my phone and informed us the order was incorrect. We all loved the rangoons, so it would’ve been very sad to have found out later that they had made the mistake. As it turned out, their proactive service made our experience much better than it could have been. I’ll definitely go back when we’re in the area.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

The crab rangoon and pad thai noodles are really good.

They deliver within 20 minutes and have never made an error on my order, which in this area in quite an accomplishment

Reviewed 10 January 2016

OK... it's not quite in the same league as Mandarin. However, it's close. First the negatives. Besides Herndon's infamous Restaurant Meals Tax, the egg rolls here are only 1/4 the size of those at Mandarin. Perhaps they use a smaller roll for the lunch special, which is what I had. But, I doubt it. Also, I wouldn't recommend going to this shopping center at night. It's dicey at best during the day.

Having said that, I have to say that the General Tso's Chicken is fully the equal of that of Mandarin. The only difference is that China Village uses brown rice instead of white rice. The real difference was the Kung Pao Chicken. At Mandarin, it's spicy like it is every other place I've had it. At China Village, it's not as sppicy and quite tasty. A worthwhile difference.

Quantities were equal to that of Mandarin. And, the service was as speedy as Mandarin.

While not as convenient to me as Madarin, I will definitely come back if my travels take me back to this part of Mayberry North,