“Excellent food”

Stone's Cove Kitbar
Reserve with OpenTable
Stone's Cove Kitbar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 229 Restaurants in Herndon
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sunrise Valley
Reviewed 5 October 2017

I ordered shrimp and grits and the dish was excellent, although portion was on a small side. Bar staff was very attentive.

1  Thank Zoya K

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

This is a wonderful flexible venue for everything from a night out with one friend to a corporate gathering. The kitbar means that your server is also your chef with all your food prepared fresh in front of you in the open air kitchen in the middle of the restaurant surrounded by the bar. The staff is incredibly friendly and happy to see you when you visit. They are happy to honor special requests as everything is made completely to order. Great healthy options and lots of seasonal favorites to choose from. A lively atmosphere with the open bar and kitchen concept. A great concept worth the visit any day of the week, including brunch.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Yes, I read other reviews and chose this place. It did not disappoint, but it did not knock my socks off. The idea of watching the people cook really looks like a lot of people bumbling about, and what they call "Cajun style" (Prime Rib) is okay, but not very flavorful or interesting to eat. When I think "Cajun style" I'm looking for major flavor, not a barely noticeable dusting of a powdery substance with little flavor or kick. Again, I'm not saying it was bad. It wasn't. What I am saying is that it didn't WOW me.

1  Thank keith e
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

Wow, wow, wow!

From the moment the door to the restaurant was opened for us, we received 5* service.

The food was beautifully presented in a timely manner, was fresh and delicious. The portions were spot on. Our group of 6 enjoyed 5 different meals (I had the island hopper tacos-yummy!) and everyone raved about the food.

Our chef-tender Aaron was friendly, attentive, and speedy. Sanjay, the manager, was charmingly concerned that we had an outstanding experience. We felt welcomed and like our business was appreciated.

As we were leaving (Monday evening) we made plans to return Wednesday evening, and we await our dining experience with great expectation.

A bonus-the restrooms were impeccably clean.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

The kitbar is a different dining experience. The servers actually prepare and cook your food behind the bar. Get it Kit (chen) Bar! Right!!??
It's fun to watch and the staff certainly knows the menu well. The food is very good with reasonable size portions and it is seasonal so it doesn't get stale. I enjoy going with a friend or one of my adult children and we can sit and have a drink while our meal is prepared. It's casual and relaxed and a nice time every time.