“Happy Hour with coworkers”

Jimmy's Old Town Tavern
Ranked #2 of 244 Restaurants in Herndon
Price range: USD 7 - USD 19
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Well Yelp doesn't allow for half stars so 4 it is, rather than the 3.5 I was going to give it. It's a bar, so it was pretty loud as more people poured in. I got there around 545 to meet coworkers for HH and it was laid back. They had two tabletops pushed together and there was about 15 of us. A nice size party. Of course we didn't all fit at the tables so we also utilized the wall between us and the bar.
The waitress, Emily was pretty prompt and nice. My food, a grilled cheese with bacon was also pretty quick BUT some of the cheese was melted, some wasn't. Not sure how you screw that up. Emily kept the drinks rolling, mine being ginger ale but she was keeping up with my friends liquor request as well. I did order some fries to go as I didn't finish my sandwich but I never got those.
Their dessert choices, apple pie or a brownie..I went with the brownie, ft vanilla ice cream and whipped cream, the thing was huge! I didn't even eat a fourth but I brought that home as well.
A lot of people in my party had the wings and they swore by them but I don't do spice! They looked good though. The fries are delicious, looked like freshly cut potatoes to me! I go back just got those.
Oh someone also had the spinach dip and that looked fresh and bomb but I didn't try it!

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Great atmosphere! Excellent food! Loved the wall of photos dedicated to Buffalo sports! Authentic buffalo wings and beef on weck!

Reviewed 9 April 2018

I have been going to Jimmy's for longer than I care to admit. I am so pleased that they have been so successful. The new kitchen and dining areas are fantastic.

If you are a wing fan, you'll be happy with the real deal Buffalo wings here.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

In the area for one day before flying home that night so went here as it had good reviews! So glad we did the food was AMAZING. We shared the chicken stew, poutine, sausage lasagne and the burger - all amazing! Can’t decide which was the best my husband says lasagne, my daughter poutine and I am torn between chicken stew and burger!!! Still thinking of them now may have to fly back just to go here (we live in Dubai). Also lovely staff! I read on their menu a slogan something like ‘where everyone is treated like a regular’ this was so true!

1  Thank Aquarius76
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This place reminded me of being in western NY. I LOVED the food, and the atmosphere felt right at home!!! Try to save room for dessert, the bread pudding was the best bread pudding I've ever had!!!!