All reviews outback steakhouse choice hotels yogurt decent hotel free breakfast rental car breakfast room front desk staff was very friendly the king size bed free shuttle coffee maker definitely stay here again hotel is clean we've stayed nice breakfast hotel shuttle short stay
Reviewed 4 May 2018

Positives
Check in went well and the room and bathroom were clean but most importantly the room was quiet and we had a good night’s sleep. The breakfast was the usual cereals, toast, buns and fruit and yogurt, adequate but nothing award winning.

Negatives
As with most hotels the whole building looked well used and tired but it isn’t a major problem, the rooms were still good value for the money.

Overall opinion
I would recommend this hotel for an overnight or short stay and will return again if passing.

Tips
There is a fast food area at Hernden Center A few blocks down Elden Rd with lots of different choices. We tried the Chinese buffet but it was awful with cold food on the menue.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2018

The staff is nice and breakfast what one would expect. We chose it because of the location. The drive to Dulles down Eldon Street was toll free and it took less than 20 minutes to get to the rental car agency. Plenty of cheap gas stations on the way. It is also very close to the Whiele-Herdon Metro station which we used to get into DC on the Silver Line. We are ever so glad we did not try to drive into the capital. The Train was comfortable and never crowded. Figuring out how to purchase a Metro trip though is kind of tough, there are no humans and the huge dispensing machine has all kinds of instructions written all over its face that say 1,2,3, but then the machine makes default offers for purchasing or adding a fare. A nice, and very busy metro staffer noted our confusion and helped out so we could add only enough to make the $6 we needed to return from DC.

There are a couple of unique eating establishments not far (10 minute drive and also a 10 minute walk). What can I say, better than anything the south side of Kauai has to offer.

PS. Why can't all Airports be as easy to use as Dulles? I think this is the -only- airport in the US where the TSA lines are not long and one can actually hear and understand the public announcements.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here with an another couple before a earlier morning flight from Dulles Airport. The check in was pleasant with Jose. He let us know we could park our vehicles at the hotel for only $6.00 a day while we were away. We had a nice breakfast free of charge before we left for our flight. The room was clean and the service was good. Would stay again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank 837jessl
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This aged hotel has a staff that is inconsistent and far from friendly. They explain themselves as being family.
BE AWARE that you will be charged DAILY for safe usage that is in your room, regardless if you use the safe or not! They will not inform you of this charge, however, will remove it if you bring it to their attention.
The housekeeping staff is some of the worst and inconsiderate we have experienced. They slam doors and shout from early morning as well as bring their children to work and the kids run from room to room early in the morning! (Where's the management??)
Not much good to say for this supposed "bargain."

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

A fairly good hotel but lacks customer relations. When I booked the hotel online part of the facilities listed is free courtesy shuttle to/from the airport, but upon my arrival I waited for over an hour for the shuttle which did not arrive when I called the hotel I was informed that the shuttle stops running by 11.00 pm so I had to pay my way to the hotel. The following morning when I was ready to leave for the airport I was again informed that the shuttle runs hourly instead of the standard half hourly, so again I had to hire a taxi to drop me off.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo