“Great spot for breakfast or lunch!”
Review of Hidden Julles Cafe

Hidden Julles Cafe
Ranked #10 of 44 Restaurants in Haymarket
Reviewed 17 August 2017

The food is delicious! Fresh, local, organic foods make it easy to make healthy choices. Breads are all homemade so the Eggs Benedict and the sandwiches are extra good. The desserts are hard to resist. Staff is attentive and caring.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We were there twice in 2016. The first time was good, service was fast and food was good. When we went there the following weekend, it was really bad. No one was taking our order as soon as we sat down and we were the only couple . I ordered a simple breakfast like toast and over medium eggs and bacon. It took so long for our order to come to our table. The eggs are over cooked as in the yolks are hard . When you overcooked eggs it has an awful taste. Then I noticed another couple came in , no server came to get their orders. We finished our breakfast and still no one took their orders. I feel bad for them. We never came back after that. Quality of food is not consistent.

2  Thank Louis L
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Oh how I wanted to like this place. Our experience was, in a word, horrible. Seating is scarce, uncomfortable, and the tables are filthy. It is so loud in there that conversation is impossible unless you know sign language. My husband ate half of his breakfast and pushed away from the table. We tried eating outside; if you enjoy ingesting clouds of diesel fuel while you eat the outdoor dining is for you.

When I eat out I expect the flatware and tables to be clean. If they are not, I won't order, but hubby was starving so he did. The food was unremarkable and the blast of diesel was the final straw. I know they can't control the trucks that barrel through but as I said earlier, there are few seating options and on our visit, zero clean tables.

We won't be back.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 8 August 2017

The highlight of our lunch at this location was the refund !!! Went outside to the 90 degree heat as it was cooler than inside.My breakfast was cold as it set without a heater for 15 minutes. I could not get anyone to deliver to me .Got new eggs and a refund ,but it was too late.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

The food was very good, the people are friendly and helpful. They noticed right away we were new and explained the menu to us. The poached eggs with salmon was delicious and the monte cristo was delicious too. The coffee gets 2 thumbs up. The place is small, so I wouldn't take a large group.

Date of visit: July 2017