“They catered a wedding I attended”
Review of South Fork Bbq

South Fork Bbq
Ranked #36 of 282 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Price range: USD 8 - USD 15
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

I usually only give 5 stars if it is a place I would travel more than 15 mikes to visit. This qualifies.

The pork and brisket were fantastic, but what really separates them from other BBQ places was the great sides they served. Then greens were perfectly cooked and nice and tangy. The spicy mac and cheese was a cool version of the dish. The baked beans were a complex mix of beans and pork and spices that I really, really enjoyed.

Just a fantastic dining experience.

1  Thank WeAreTeamDemo

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and service. Our first time there and he explained everything to us on the menu and described all the sauces. Huge portion and great price, will be returning.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

first few visits the food was phenomenal! they were closed for a while for family stuff and when they reopened we went pretty quickly. unfortunately we hit an off day. Not bad by any stretched just not nearly as great as before - maybe another try...

Reviewed 6 September 2017

While visiting Massanutten, stop in the South Fork and wow, very good BBQ. Small friendly place. The brisket was excellent.

Will definitely visit again next time in the mountains.

Bring a friend and enjoy some good BBQ.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

I have been meaning to try this restaurant for the past year, since I moved to Harrisonburg. I am only sorry that I waited so long!

This is the Brisket I dream about when i want great brisket! Great flavor with a nice smoke wring and perfectly tender and juicy. The ribs pulled away from the bone perfectly and had nice smoke all the way through. For me, great que doesn't need sauce and this definitely fell in to that category. That said, I always like to try what the chef suggests so i took a sampling of sauces with me. The Lexington sauce was my favorite and an excellent compliment to perfectly cooked brisket and ribs! I had collards as my side and they were good as well. Make you feel like you are eating healthy :)