All reviews full size refrigerator small kitchen no reservation front desk stayed here allow pets queen bed room was clean stay there again one night free breakfast dishwasher fi cleanliness gym
Reviewed 27 October 2017

Rooms are clean. Simple room with simple kitchen. Wifi is slow AF. The year is 2017... not 1997.

Pricey for road trippers.

Night stand on only ONE SIDE of bed? Who does this? Both people have phones and would like water by their bed at night. Kind of rude to have to get up walk around bed to get water...or lean over your partner to get a drink of water while they are sleeping...so someone wasn't thinking really when they designed the room and furniture.

Mattress..bit hard so if you have Fibro or other body/joint pain...its a MEH.

Room Tip: Best deal if you are too tired to drive past Harrisonburg. If the Wifi was over dialup speed I would reconsider the price value.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Hello KimbaK_12,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to know that you found our rooms clean and apologize for the wifi service you received that negatively affected your stay. I appreciate the feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here one night. It was half way to where we were going. We found the entrance weird...back of the building facing the street. But other than that we had an enjoyable stay. The room was clean and the staff friendly.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2017

As a stopover to a further destination, the wife and I spent 1 night at the Candlewood. Located at an intersection, we found the entrance to be a bit confusing as the entrance faces away from both streets at the intersection. First attempt was aborted when we saw the entrance blocked by a traffic island but quickly figured out to enter off the smaller street on the far end of the building.

Arriving in the early evening after driving several hours, we found the lady "manning" the desk to be very friendly and willing to offer advice on issues that a typical tourist would have. Check-in was simple, though we had to retreat back to the parking lot to get information off our rented car. Simply a curiosity as there were only 20 cars or so in the parking lot. The hotel is located near numerous restaurants and stores. A nice shopping center is nearby with everything from a Barnes and Noble to a Walmart.

Our king bed suite was very nice and afforded the wife the opportunity to sleep while I stayed up. The 3rd floor room was clean with the nice kitchen area. Our Thursday night stay must have caught the property with many vacancies as the place was as quiet as a church.

The only criticism was that there was no ice machine in the coffee/snack room for guests to get ice. Despite this, the price was right and would be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2017

At precisely 3:46 am this morning, the party finally stopped. Called the desk multiple times to intervene. “I am sorry” was the only response as I left Candlewoods Suites forever in my rear view mirror, taking myself, my business account, and all my recommendations with me. DO. NOT. STAY. HERE. EVER. Just saying. And price gouging to boot! $173 for the party I never wanted to attend.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank thedoctor2u
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Dear thedoctor2u,

Thank you for leaving us a feedback. Everything we do is aimed at providing our guests with excellent service and comfortable accommodations, and we appreciate the high rating given on the room and cleanliness. However, we sincerely apologize your stay was let down by the noise challenges. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon and be of further assistance.

Grace P.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 7 August 2017

We recently spent two nights in this all suite hotel on a weekend getaway to beautiful Harrisonburg. We were greeted by a warm and helpful front desk attendant. The room was very clean, and the beds were comfortable. The suite was well equipped for an extended stay, including a full size refrigerator and plenty of storage space. The hotel was easy to find and was conveniently located near lots of restaurants and shopping. We would definitely stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple