“Delightful Rooftop Dining”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Best fish tacos in town. Excellent service. Lots of beer choices. Very accomodating whether eating outside or dining inside.

Date of visit: June 2018
CapAleHouse, Manager at Capital Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Thank you Viola for your kind words and the review! Make sure to say hello on your next visit! Cheers

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Excellent venue. We had the entire upstairs for out party. We had a buffet meal with crab cakes, black bean burgers, hamburger sliders, turkey and cheese small sandwiches, pasta salad, wings and a garden salad. Oh and their huge hot baked pretzels with some kind of dip. The food was incredibly good. Our server and bartender was Bryan or Ryan. He was so nice and laid back. Nothing was too small to do such as butter for the rolls even though they were for the burgers, extra utensils. He helped us box up the leftovers which we took and gave to the police whose station was just around the corner. Good food did’t get thrown in the garbage and the police were thrilled.
This was a great place for a rehearsal dinner.

Date of visit: August 2018
CapAleHouse, General Manager at Capital Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Thank you for the great review, we were thrilled to be a part of your special day/weekend! Cheers!

Reviewed 7 August 2018

We stopped in on a Sunday afternoon for lunch and to try some different beers. The beer selection was great, but it took a long time for our food to come out. The restaurant wasn't busy - maybe 6 other tables. Our food did not come out at the same time. I got my chili when everyone else was almost done eating. The fries with the burgers were cold. The server was great - it wasn't his fault the food took a long time. I'd stop for a beer but I wouldn't come here hungry.

Date of visit: August 2018
CapAleHouse, General Manager at Capital Ale House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

My sincere apologies about your recent experience, this is certainly not the experience we strive to share with our guests. Please feel free to email me at jaime@capitalalehouse.com, so I can invite you back for the meal and timing you deserved the first time. Again, my apologies!

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

I love Capital Ale House. I recommend the Pepper crusted steak if they have it as the special. The Mac n cheese is delicious too! The Seafood Dip is my absolute must have. The restaurant is really open and spacious with an upstairs dining area and a patio. The staff is always friendly and accommodating. One of my fav places to eat on downtown Hburg!

The building the restaurant is on was an old car factory. There is a movie theater and a shoe shine station right outside the doors of the restaurant.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Outstanding food, friendly staff, a zillion varieties of beer on tap, and family-friendly. If you're downtown, be sure to stop in.