All reviews laminate flooring hard flooring waffle house quick one night stay motel style hotel stay road trip comfortable bed shenandoah national park easy access james madison university comfort inn chain pet interstate units ga
Reviewed 19 November 2017

with NO amenities (@ $29.99 = ok; but @ $43.99: not so much!!)... room and bath = clean, but towels poor quality (always bring my own); two price levels for PAID wifi and i could not get service to accept my 'vpn'?? (did get a refund!! - donna is a delightful, helpful front desk agent!!)

and final observation: mentioned above, as their $$ rise, motel 6 doesn't seem to keep pace with other budget motel chains - NO complimentary anything - while other chains have added amenities and not increased the $$; i do think it's time to look elsewhere for value for $$...

Room Tip: park in front of room... ada 'happy'!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 November 2017

I was relocating from Upstate NY to Texas with 6 cats. My fiancee and I chose Motel 6 because of prior knowledge & a stay where I learned the chain was pet friendly.

We called ahead explained our clowder and they were more than accommodating. While corporate policy stated two animals to room, the staff understood we had self contained kennel cages holding two cats each. The hard flooring made cleaning up a breeze. On site laundry center was clean, well stocked and made it very convenient to give the cats beds a quick wash 'n dry. Bed a tad hard, but if you are exhausted enough it doesn't really matter.

This location is really quaint in regard to its layout. All rooms are ground floor units with doors opening to parking lot, like an old style motor court. Normally that would not be issue.. Until I realized each court was a dead end and me towing a big double axle U-Haul! It was only then that I realized the facility was not designed for trailers. Turning the trailer around was a bit tricky and staff allowed me to park on connecting driveway for the night.

Other than that, the room, the linens and grounds were clean and well decorated & landscaped. While convenient to the Interstate, the location is very quiet. Plenty of hot water. Great front desk service both check in and check out.

For a "budget" motel, they gave a upper level service. I would not hesitate to stay at again (only this time without a trailer!)

Thanks for making a potentially complicated situation much much easier!

Room Tip: Quiet, basic, clean; but grounds not laid for those towing trailers.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank PhilipG727
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

It was ok. The staff was nice & friendly. The location was close by alot of the restaurants and Walmart which is very convenient. We were in Harrisburg visiting my nephew who is a student at James Madison University and the hotel is less than 5 minutes away which works for us. It was a okay stay for one night. I would recommend.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2017

For the money I had a discount it was okay for 2 nights. Very basic motel. No frig or blow dryer in room, very noisy air cond. Had guys and girls walking around the parking lot all day and night. Had cars come and go. Not sure what they were doing. Front desk was aware but does nothing. The rooms needs a good scrubbing. Floors sticky, tub bottom black, and the bathroom door needs to be wiped down, (very dirty). You had to pay for WIFI ever day if you wanted it. No longer takes AARP. We had 2 other couples with us that rented rooms also. The 2nd day we were locked out of our rooms when we came back from being gone al day. We had to go to the office and have them fix our room cards. Now, we had already paid for our 2 nights. It seems the owner of this Motel 6 does not care what goes on. Only cares about renting out rooms. I will not be back or will my other friends. We had 3 rooms. It would be a nice place to stay do to location, right off 81 and close to shopping & restaurants. If they would just clean and wipe down the rooms it would be a nice place to stay and secondly little scary about people walking around (the same people)

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed the same in the back portion where we rented 3 rooms
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2017

My room was on the far side from the main street. The room number started with a 3, so I was afraid I'd be hauling my luggage to the 3rd floor. But the whole property is in one-level buildings. You can park outside your door.

The room was spotless. It was in the Motel 6 Renovation Style: laminate floors, pseudo-contemporary fixtures, and otherwise just-the-basics Motel 6 style. But this place was MUCH better than the horrible Motel 6s farther north that I read about on TA.

PS: The king bed was very soft.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back were totally quiet (at least, unless your neighbor is noisy)
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo