Open today: 9:30 am - 5:00 pm

Lots of fun!

Reviewed 24 August 2018
Amanda M
via mobile

All reviews tv studio rainy day the kitchen my kids love larger cities super fun two floors a lot of fun small city wonderful afternoon all ages older children two hours second floor different types downtown harrisonburg love this place
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Brought our 3-year old here on a day too rainy to hike and he had an absolute blast. This places beats the pants off the children's museum near our town in PA. So many different things to - the ambulance and airplane were the biggest hits, but art and building sections were also a lot of fun for him. Have already recommended it to many friends with kids who also spend time in Shenandoah.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

Great place to take the kids. Very interactive. The two year old loved it and even the 11 year old had a blast. The art studio was amazing!

Reviewed 20 August 2018

I have two four year old twins who love going there. They especially like the kitchen. And every time we pass downtown they cry and ask to go to museum. If people don't know that they are talking about kids museum, are always surprise that my kids love going to museum.

1  Thank yuliya d
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Two floors of discovery, play and fun! The museum is well designed with kids in mind. Our grandkids really loved visiting this facility. We would highly recommend it!

Reviewed 7 August 2018

This Discovery Museum is very similar to the Discovery Museums I was used to visiting in Maryland when I lived there. However, this Explore More museum offers an unusual variety of "hands on" activities both in classes and in the museum itself. I volunteer there on First Fridays when a lot of children visit the museum during the downtown Harrisonburg monthly event called "First Fridays" which is the first Friday of each month. Lots of things for the children to do and learn and it is very well managed by an extremely competent staff.

Reviewed 7 July 2018

What's not to love. Lots of choices for all ages. We waited until our kiddo was one to buy a pass - now he loves going! It is great for hot summer days and cold winters.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

We live in an area where it's not always easy to find a place to take the kids for a fun day out without driving to Richmond or D.C. I always forget about the Discovery Museum, but each time we remember and visit, we absolutely love it. My kids are 2 and 6 so they're into different types of things, but they both love this museum and are entertained for hours. They have a blast and they're learning the entire time. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Kids really enjoyed the museum they are both four. Two floors of fun activities. They tended to like playing with the groceries in the kitchen at the car shop in at the theater they also likes playing with the games upstairs. There’s so much to do that usually spend 3 to 4 hours there and we have to break in the middle for lunch. Typically we go to a place called jess’sabout two blocks down as they have a very kid friendly menu and always a great experience there with the service. They do have an elevator to get to the second floor. They do have stuff on the second floor for older children. I would say perfect for six and under. The upstairs has an area just for eight and older.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

Even as an adult I thought this place was so fun!! It reminds me of a children's museum I went to as a kid. Very interactive, super fun, all kinds of things for them to tinker around with.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Who would have thought that tucked in this small city was this wonderful interactive museum for kids. I was VERY impressed with the entire museum given the size and location. The kids had such a great time (ages 2 & 12) and we just wished we had more time to go back again. We will definitely be going back on our visit during the Christmas holidays. I don't think $7 is expensive at all to attend this place...to me compared to other cities...this is very cheap!