“Always a good time”

Explore More Discovery Museum
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 7 May 2018

We live in an area where it's not always easy to find a place to take the kids for a fun day out without driving to Richmond or D.C. I always forget about the Discovery Museum, but each time we remember and visit, we absolutely love it. My kids are 2 and 6 so they're into different types of things, but they both love this museum and are entertained for hours. They have a blast and they're learning the entire time. Definitely worth a visit.

All reviews
"two floors"
"second floor"
"different types"

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Kids really enjoyed the museum they are both four. Two floors of fun activities. They tended to like playing with the groceries in the kitchen at the car shop in at the theater they also likes playing with the games upstairs. There’s so much to do that usually spend 3 to 4 hours there and we have to break in the middle for lunch. Typically we go to a place called jess’sabout two blocks down as they have a very kid friendly menu and always a great experience there with the service. They do have an elevator to get to the second floor. They do have stuff on the second floor for older children. I would say perfect for six and under. The upstairs has an area just for eight and older.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

Even as an adult I thought this place was so fun!! It reminds me of a children's museum I went to as a kid. Very interactive, super fun, all kinds of things for them to tinker around with.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Who would have thought that tucked in this small city was this wonderful interactive museum for kids. I was VERY impressed with the entire museum given the size and location. The kids had such a great time (ages 2 & 12) and we just wished we had more time to go back again. We will definitely be going back on our visit during the Christmas holidays. I don't think $7 is expensive at all to attend this place...to me compared to other cities...this is very cheap!