“Clean room, helpful staff, great location”

Courtyard Harrisonburg
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Reviewed 1 October 2017

I was surprised to read a negative review about the front desk staff, because on my recent visit, they could not have been more helpful. One gentleman assisted us in changing our room to a room with handicap railings in the bathroom, Another assisted me in problems with my wifi. Neither of these issues were the fault of the hotel. They were courteous and helpful to me and my 83-year-old mother at all times. I wish they had a free breakfast, but since the rate was cheaper than other nearby hotels that offered a free breakfast, that offset that concern. We had a Bob Evans on one corner of our street, and a IHOP down the street to the left. There was a conglomeration of restaurants and shopping areas around us and easy access to the interstate. We had a room with a patio that overlooked some lovely trees and you could see the beautiful mountains from the parking lot. Mom and I had a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a patio room facing the back.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

As a training and performance improvement professional with 720 days at various Marriott properties in the past 36 months, I have come to expect a certain level of courtesy from the front desk staff. Here they are just "snotty". I will not be staying here on my future travels.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael G
Alexis M, General Manager at Courtyard Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

We were disheartened to hear that your arrival experience was not exemplary as we strive to give our guests a warm and hearty welcome to the valley.

I would love to have the chance to discuss the details with you further, in order to allow for a training opportunity for our staff.

Please feel free to contact me at the property at your convenience.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

Stayed here for the first time. My stay was ok. The room was clean and not a bad size. The employees were friendly but not overly. The lounge restaurant will suffice. The location wasn't bad as this town isn't that big.

Not sure I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

The courtyard Marriott in Harrisonburg was very clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and welcoming and did everything to make us feel at home. We stayed two separate nights on our way south and then again on our way back north. Both. If hrs were perfect.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2017

We worked with Mitch Powers on a block of rooms for my son and daughter-in-laws wedding. He was great to work with and the weekend went without a hitch. The rooms are beautiful and the staff was so warm and friendly. I wanted to mention Joseph and Johanna specifically as they were so flexible in meeting all our crazy requests. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling for business or pleasure.

Susan Kovacs