All reviews front desk the hotel sits marriott properties shenandoah valley james madison university bob evans jmu campus room was clean restaurants and shopping easy access would definitely stay here again staff was friendly one night stay parking lot bistro lobby ihop
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

horrible service. arrived after 15 hours on the road..expecting less than 6 hours sleep. LINE at front desk..manager should leave the office and actually help guests. so gal checks me in."which floor would you like to be on?" "TOP FLOOR". There are 4 floors....I am put on 3rd. yup, thats the top. Then I asked her if she had my gold card listed...YES. The reason I asked was to be acknowledged which Marriott Always asks in review...even after I gave her the hint, no bother.
so check into a less than acceptable marriott room. I swear I am in a days inn or knights inn, I can CLEARLY HEAR the conversations next door, in the halls...paper thin walls. so all of a sudden a machine vibration comes on and literally shakes the room...WTH is that? I jump out of bed wondering if they are actually dozing the place.... sounds like next door...HUH??? Unbelievably noisy. I call front desk. same gal who checked me in...pleasant enough, just doesnt HEAR what is said. I asked her what all the noise is...she said the spa (hot tub in the room next door). SERIOUSLY?? I AM talking about getting on the road in less than 5 hrs now and she wants to CHANGE MY ROOM? I have me and my daughter..unpacked, IN BED..and shes gana make ME move?? I am not the one disrupting the place! I am not the one who built paper thin walls!!! I am not the one who put me in the absolute possible worst room. I asked..quiet, away from others..TOP FLOOR....i get 332. RUN FROM THIS HOTEL....

If she had put me where I ASKED, it prob would have worked. Now I have a vibrating room, slamming doors, people talking, elephants walking, whistling pipes..this place sucks. (linens appear clean)

Now I am listening to people above me walking around like elephants and running​ water that whistles.

MARRIOTT, THIS HOTEL SHOULD BE DOZED AND LEVELED. IT IS HORRID. HORRID.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 1 January 2017

Dear Mainah65,

We are sorry to hear about your bad stay here with us. You may have been put on the 3rd floor because it was our highest floor available. We will still ask if the forth floor is full because some guest really hate the lowest floors. I do know the hotel spa's can be loud, so I do apologize for that. If asking for a quiet room you should have never been put into a room next to one. I have talked to the front desk staff about that. To ensure this does not happen again. I would like to give you a full refund for your inconvenience. I would need to have your information to make sure I am refunding the correct person. Please call the hotel when you get the chance. All I need is your last name. You can ask for Jeremiah or leave a message if he is not there. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

I was looking for a place to get away and play video games during the Blizzcon event as I had missed tickets to the real thing. My main concern was consistent and reliable internet. The free wifi averaged around 100k/s, but the $4.95/day enhanced internet was steadily at 5.9 MB/S, which was perfect for me.
The room was spotless, the staff courteous and it was super quiet - perfect for an introvert like myself :D
Also, there was practically everything within two blocks of the hotel (Dominos, WalMart, Barnes and Noble, Five Guys, Grocery store, Movie Theater....), which was ideal. I'm planning to stay again when I can afford the time to, and would highly recommend!
Additionally, the TVs support connecting to a PC through VGA or HDMI. Because of their size it's pixilated while gaming, but quite clear for watching streams.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Day L, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Dear William S,

We appreciate you for taking the time to let others and us know how we are doing! We're glad to hear that everything for your room was exceptional and that our internet speed met the standards that you really needed for your gaming. We'd love to have you back in the future if you ever happen to come through the area.

Best regards,
Day Lomax
F&B Manager

Reviewed 8 November 2016

We stayed here on our way to West Virginia. The hotel is easy to get to off the interstate and very close to James Madison University. We got there in early afternoon so we had plenty of time to hike the JMU Campus. 4 mile trip to the stadium and back. The campus is gorgeous. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Very clean. Rooms on the front side of the hotel offer a great view of the Shenandoah Valley. Sit on the balcony and share a glass of wine.

Room Tip: 3rd or 4th floor front with balcony for fantastic view
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 10 November 2016

Thank you so much for all your wonderful comments. We too love our little slice of paradise here. Be sure to come back the next time on your way through the Valley. We would love to have you again!

Jeremiah Congdon
Front Office Manager
Courtyard by Marriott
Harrisonburg,VA 22801
Tel: (540)432-3031
Fax: (540) 432-3032

Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

We chose this hotel based on review comments of "quiet", "comfortable beds",
and "lovely view of the mountains". We found all to be true. The only problem we encountered was loud talking and smell of cigarette smoke coming from next door. We called the front desk, and they responded immediately to correct the problem, which they did. The room was pleasant and smelled very nice. Would visit here again.

Stayed: October 2016
Management response:Responded 2 November 2016

Dear Lois M,

Thanks so much for your feedback. Sorry you encountered the loud guest and the smoke smell. We were so glad to hear you enjoyed the rest of your stay and the lovely views of the mountains. We do have the best views here. Thrilled to hear you would come back, so we will see you on your next visit. Best wishes to you.

Jeremiah Congdon
Front Office Manager
Courtyard by Marriott
Harrisonburg,VA 22801
Tel: (540)432-3031
Fax: (540) 432-3032

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed here following a band competition at JMU. The facility is very convenient to the campus and lots of restaurants (and a Walmart) are close by. I do wish that Marriott offered breakfast at the Courtyards the way they do at their other brands. The Bistro (for fee) option is just not working for me. Also, in the king room we had, the tv was hard to see from one side of the bed because of the large piece of furniture where the microwave is stored. The bed was very comfortable though, and I really appreciate the sink being outside the tub/toilet area of the bathroom.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Day L, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Harrisonburg, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

Dear countingmama,

We really appreciate you for taking the time to comment about your stay here at the Courtyard Marriott in Harrisonburg. We strive to leave our guests completely satisfied after their stay and I am sorry to see that some of our options did not work out for you. If you choose to stay with us again in the future, which we hope you do, please feel free to ask any of our staff for assistance with your television or other room amenities.

If the breakfast option of the Bistro will not work well for you, we strongly suggest that you try one of the other Marriott options in the area including the Fairfield Inn and Residence Inn both located less than 1 mile from our location. Both hotels do offer their own unique options including free breakfast. If this will fully satisfy you and leave you with a more pleasant experience, it is what we work to achieve.

Best wishes on your travels in the future,
Day Lomax