“Not a bad place to stay but the rooms could use some work”

Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 October 2017

I stayed here last week while on a work trip to the area. Overall the hotel wasn't too bad and the restaurant was decent. I did get free breakfast vouchers for being a Diamond HHonors members. So, while I didn't pay for it, I probably would have paid the $10 for breakfast each day while staying there. The one reason I docked the rating was due to the black mold in the bathrooms. I thought this might have just been my room so I asked a co-worker who was staying there at the same time too and he said his bathroom had the same issue.

So, in the future I will either look for another HHonors location in the area, or inspect the room when checking in to see if there is any mold on the ceiling in the bathroom and switch rooms if needed.

I didn't approach the front desk at the time of staying there because I had to assume they knew of it if the two rooms myself and a co-worker had the same exact problem, then that tells me most of the rooms probably do. Now we were both on the 3rd floor but a few rooms apart, so we were either super lucky, or most of the rooms suffer from this problem.

Room Tip: Look for black mold on the ceiling in the shower
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel. I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. Please accept my apologies. I have addressed your concern with our team and we assure you that we have taken care of it. I hope you'll give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future

Best Regards

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Stayed overnight for the Hampton BMX state finals. The hotel is excellent all-around and the price is good for the quality. There's an indoor pool/spa which we did not get to use but looked nice. We would definitely stay here again for future BMX events if needed.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking time to review our hotel. I very much appreciate your comments and feedback

Mustapha Agourrma

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We got a great group rate for our baseball team. Arrived a little ahead of schedule and we were permitted to check in early!! The staff was very friendly. There was an extensive array of breakfast items, including made to order omelettes. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Will definitely stay again when we are in town.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

What a great review of our hotel and staff. THANK YOU. I'm sharing your feedback with the entire team

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Visit the hotel on the dates of 9/29-10/1/2017. My husband and I had an wonderful time. The hotel stay was great no complaints at all. The staff was professional, patient, and kind. We will be going back soon.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel and staff. I'm so glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Great place to stay. Conference rooms spacious, professional, and Staff impeccable! Close to airports, restaurants within walking distance, and Bass Pro just don the street. Area seemed safe and secure.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Thank you very much for your lovely review of our hotel and staff. We very much appreciate your comments.