All reviews front desk room was clean business trip fitness center enjoyed my stay convenient location great place to stay would stay here again jazz festival excellent stay exercise room indoor pool hot tub easy access newport news business center parking lot
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I am writing this review because I was very unsatisfied with my stay. My smoke detector was defective and made a very loud humming noise, this noise was so loud that It kept me awake all night. I brought this to the front desks attention 3 separate times and each time, they promise it would be resolved immediately. The problem went untouched for 3 days until I checked out, not once did anyone show up to fix the problem. I feel cheated because I paid top dollar for a high quality hotel, but what I got was poor customer service and the feeling that I was not taken seriously at all. I am upset with how I was treated during my stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blakemallet
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel and share your feedback with us. I'm sorry to heat about the smoke detector in your room. Please rest assured that I have personally addressed the issue. Please call me directly at 757-310-6323 to better serve you. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience caused. Your feedback is very important to me.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

I had an exceptional stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, in Hampton, VA. It was like staying in the Hampton's at the Hilton. The hotel staff were exceptionally hospitable and accommodating; while the amenities were certainly at the 5-star level. The Hampton Garden Inn is the perfect business trip hotel with location convenience near the city where most of my business was conducted.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Wow what a lovely review of our hotel and staff. THANK YOU. I'm so glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. I'm sharing your feedback with my team. I'm sure it will serve as an encouragement to do better.

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

I have stayed here four times and really enjoy this place. The staff is very friendly and go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay. The place is clean and the food was great. When in the area this is where I plan to stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

What a lovely review of our hotel and staff. Thank you very much. I appreciate your comments and feedback.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Staff was very friendly and welcoming. Facility needs to be cleaned better and/or some renovations in certain areas: Bathrooms and fitness center. Price was double of other Hotels in area. I would have expected more offerings. I paid a little more at Homewood Suites in Nashville. That area was busier and expected to be higher in price. I would have expected a nice breakfast to be offered with stay. Glass of wine cost me more than a bottle would have.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel. I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. Please rest assured that we are working on improving the hotel condition and cleanness. I hope you'll give us another opportunity to better serve you.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel was in the perfect area for our needs. It is a bit too pricey.
The breakfast is an extra charge and wasn't any better than the breakfast we've had at other hotels that was complimentary.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hampton Coliseum Central, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you very much for your feedback and comments. I appreciate your feedback. I'm sharing your feedback with my team. I hope to welcome you again to our hotel in the near future.