“Excellent Meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Good for: Groups
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

Not much to say. Ordered Chicken Giardino (spelling?) and it was absolutely delicious. Salad, breadsticks... also delicious. Friendly, courteous, and helpful staff. Our waitress couldn't have been better. Will definitely return in the future.

1  Thank Steve C

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

I have not been to an Olive Garden in probably three years. I have steered away with mainly service and cleanliness issues. However, this review will focus on improvements with service at a location I had yet to try.

The experience was expedited by friends who waited in advance. They were seated upon arriving and a hostess showed us to the table. On the walk through everything was clean and neat in appearance.

Our young female waitress was strong from the beginning and got drink and food orders immediately since we were in a hurry. We set a timetable to get our food out with having an obligation. She confirmed they could do it.

Drinks, salad, soup and bread hit the table within 5-6 minutes which was excellent! The salad was fresh, crisp and yummy! A refill of salad and bread was brought out soon after with out party of five devouring both. The bread was undercooked, not buttery and not nearly as tasty as I would have liked. With the timetable and being with friends no complaint was made. Edible, not up to par from what I remembered. My son reported his chicken and dumpling soup was great

All the food hit the table at the same time which excellent! Friends reported the food was hot and appearance good. My son's cheese ravioli did not look good with dried up pasta. He said it tasted fine, but ate less than half which is unusual. My lasagna Frittata appetizer which has been a staple I order looked good on appearance but lacked the flavor although the texture was correct. Our waitress did provide refills and checked in.

Our party decided to use the kiosk to checkout. We were able to split the bill and the system worked great and even printed a receipt. In personally do not like the machines, but it was useful.

I hit up the men's room which is in the rear of the restaurant. They may have two sets of them considering its location. The facility had proper supplies and everything functioned as it should. Unfortunately the trash was overflowing and there was debris all around the container. It appeared to me to have not been checked in a while.

I probably would not return to this location. In the past the a Newport News has been stronger. I want to make it clear that it was the sub par food, not the above average service that deducted a full star.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

My wife and I with children and grandchildren decided to celebrate a birthday at the Olive Garden because we knew the children would like it, and we also knew that the prices were moderate. All of the above turned out to be true and the adults enjoyed their fare as well. Nothing special but well worth the moderate price! We would go there again!

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Okay - First - Food: the food was very good. The menu had a great selection of Italian-American-type foods. On a busy Friday night, our food came out fast, hot, and as ordered. Our poor waitress was running everywhere. We asked for one or two things for our food, and she took action within two to three minutes - more than acceptable for a FULL restaurant with a half hour wait time!

Second - Concern by MGT: We had one small issue with our bill. Within two minutes of raising issue with our waitress, the manager appeared at our table to address the issue. He was very friendly and took care of our concern.

Third - Cleanliness: I recently went to a restaurant where the ceiling fan blades were fuzzy, the windowsills had a 1/8-inch of dust, and the windows were almost grease-like covered and smudged. During my visit to this restaurant, we sat at a window. You could use a white glove on the windowsills. The windows were spotless. (I noticed no ceiling fans - so no comments here, but I would expect there would be immaculate.) I give the managers and workers HIGH remarks for their duty to cleanliness!

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Olive Garden food was excellent in Hampton. Kitchen was a little slow getting the food out but it was worth the wait. We chose spaghetti to carbon load for the Crawl in Crab RUN. The staff was friendly and handled 5he busy crowd with patience.

Been to Olive Garden? Share your experiences!