“Ok for a place to sleep for the night ”

Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

It's ok. Nothing special. Could be better could be worse. The lobby is extremely hot. Bed isn't comfortable, toilet seat broken. You truly pay for what you get. Would stay again if we had too. If you need a bed for the night it will work.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marie S
There are newer reviews for Suburban Extended Stay Of Hampton

Reviewed 12 June 2017

I was recently in town for a conference and stayed here. My guess is that when this room was booked, it was assumed (by the way it was advertised) that it would be a nice place to stay. Unfortunately this was not the case and if ever back in town, I would not choose to stay here. Now, I do want to say that the staff was very polite and whenever I had an issue or a question, they were able to help me out. My experience with the hotel and my room, unfortunately was not the same.

Firstly, my room had a smell. It was an old stale smell, and it hit you as soon as you opened the door. I ended up having to get an air freshener for the room, which helped some, but the smell was still there.

The floor in the room was dirty, especially the carpet. I don't think that it had been vacuumed in some time. I had to walk around with my shoes on the entire time. Good thing I did not bring my kids with me, as they would not have been able to play on the floor.

There were ants in the room and in one of the beds. I did speak with someone about this, and they told me that Orkin had come out and sprayed in my room earlier in the day, but the ants really made it uncomfortable.

The TV did not work in my room initially. I did report this, and staff came quickly to give me a new TV.

The cabinets in the room all need to be replaced. The one in particular that is under the window was broken and it looked as if it was just sitting up there, and the slightest touch would have knocked it down. this was also where most of the ants were congregating. The cabinets in the the kitchen area were broken and looked like it was dry rotting.

The towels in the room were not clean. There was hair on most of them that were in the bathroom (towels, washcloths, and hand towels) and I was unable to use them. I ended up having to request more towels because of this.

The hallways at night were noisy and it sounded like constant running around in the room above me once the sun went down.

The set up in the room was not good, as I was unable to get into the closet to use the ironing board due to the placement of the dresser.

I really do think that this could be a nice hotel, but there is some work that needs to be done prior to this happening. I'm hoping that this review will help with making the needed improvements so the future guests of your will have a better experience than I had.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2017

We were heading to Virginia Beach.We could not check into our motel until Monday so we decided to stay in Hampton one night. I reserved two rooms.Check in was great.Very nice ladies working at the front desk.Our room was nice and big.We slept great.It was very quite.the did have coffee in the lobby but there are coffee makers in the room.they don't supply coffee but I had some with me. The rooms are very well equipped with dishes,pots and pans etc.It was a good stay.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank shadow18
Reviewed 26 May 2017

It was okay, nothing to brag over. The only thing I will say is that I liked that they had a kitchen but other than that I came in early and my room wasn't ready which of course me and my fiancé were understanding about. We went to get some food at a restaurant and were gone for about 2 and a half hours. So as we get back to check in the room that was given was 2 doubles. I let her know that I reserved a king and she said that's all they had. What I didn't understand was why reserve a certain type of room and not even be able to get that one. Then in the bathroom on the shower curtain it looked like there was a booger on it. Checked the sheets and on one of the beds there were so many stains on it. It's ridiculous

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

My room with a very peaceful. Very comfortable beds. Close to Great shopping. Really enjoyed the TV in programming. Great staff very friendly and they do a great job keeping the place up. I would recommend this hotel . Really great price.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business