“Old school, great service, tasty food, nice atmosphere”

LAuberge Chez Francois
Reserve with OpenTable
LAuberge Chez Francois is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Great Falls
Price range: USD 75 - USD 75
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Beach Mill Road
Description: Travellers in the beautiful Alsatian countryside, seek out "auberge", the little family inns that dot the roadsides, to eat well and enjoy the scenery. They know they will find fine food and glowing spirits, at an excellent value. Welcome to L"Auberge Chez Francois, our French country inn a short distance from the nation's capital, nestled among lush woods and fragrant gardens, that has captivated visitors for over 50 years. L'Auberge Chez Francois is the ideal spot to celebrate special moments, private parties,luncheons, weddings and cooking demonstrations. Our menu is extensive and full of the flavors of Alsace and traditional French cuisine. Excellent food and service, attention to detail and a casually elegant atmosphere are hallmarks that have made L'Auberge Chez Francois a Washington favorite. We sincerely hope that you will enjoy your visit with us. Jacques Brasserie at L'Auberge is open Tues-Sat,5-9:00PM,Sunday 3-7:30PM. Reservations for Jacques' Brasserie via phone only!
Reviewed 11 October 2017

We liked this trip back in time. And they brought out a huge dessert for my son's bday.

Trio of Norwegian Salmon: House-Cured, Smoked, Rillette with Capers, Salmon Caviar - nice and fresh...the cream was made in house and sung with the fish

Chive Crêpe Stuffed with Duxelle of Wild Mushrooms, Tomato Concassé, Madeira Sauce - savory sauce and mushrooms, but not too heavy

House DELICACY: Braised Wagyu Beef Cheeks, Wild Mushrooms, Sherry Wine Sauc - it was nearly melted it was so tender...WOW..we nearly wanted 2 more as a main course!

Sautéed Filet of Virginia Trout, Toasted Almond - decent,

1  Thank Damian C

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

LAuberge Chez Francois can be counted on for 5 star service and extraordinary food. From the garlic bread to soup and appetizers, special fish dishes, steaks, fresh vegetables, and the soufflés for dessert, it is always a wonderful experience dining here. The staff is warm and friendly and efficient. We always look forward to an evening here. Reserve early!

1  Thank Poolandspa
Reviewed 9 October 2017

An old favorite we had been neglecting. Not anymore. The place itself was very pretty. Our foreign guests remarked it really had the feel of a French or German countryside inn (its Alsace). Service was knowledgeable, friendly and excellent. Best lobster I have had in years. My wife's steak with foi gras was wonderful. The starters ranged from very good onion soup to outstanding lobster bisque to a cassoulet of beef cheeks (really, really good). Take the dessert menu and order to share. Excellent wine list.

This restaurant opened in 1974 and we first came in 1975 right after returning to D.C. Area from overseas. It's been a wonderful restaurant all these days. Try it but make a reservation.

1  Thank Chinapjs
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

I'm so sorry but I'm not really impressed and happy with my experience. Our waitstaff is not very friendly & very superficial. I think the restaurant is reaching the end of the line. My duck is very mediocre. I had better ones. With the price tag? It's credible, not worthy. Even my dessert is blah! I'm not trying to be picky here but they should regroup and look carefully where they are failing. For now I can't promise I will be coming back.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

My wife and I just absolutely love this place! We've come here for the past 17 years for special occasions, such as birthdays or anniversaries. We've even taken some friend there just so they can enjoy this fantastic place. The service and the food is always top of the line. The best French food in the area.

1  Thank Bob M