“Brilliant”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Venards Lodge

Fully equipped modern kitchen
The Linwood Room, double with ensuite shower room Venards Lodge, as seen from the driveway across the entrance lawn
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The Linwood Room, double with ensuite shower room
Venards Lodge, as seen from the driveway across the entrance lawn
The ensuite bathroom to the Gorley Room
The Gorley Room has a super king bed and ensuite bathroom with shower too
The bright sunny Sitting Room
Welcome Hamper and homemade cake for our guests
Awarded the coveted '5 Star Gold' rating from  Visit England
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

tomsoper
singapore
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We had a brilliant time at Venards Lodge. The Lodge itself is beautifully renovated with everything you could need supplied - comfy bedding, very well-stocked kitchen, sky tv, bbq etc etc. Nadine was an amazing host who was very willing to help us out with anything - she even gave me an old mobile to use while we were in the UK and did some printing for us. Nothing was too much. Our one-year-old Sam loved the chickens who roamed around the garden and we all loved the stunning scenery and wildlife of the New Forest. One of the nicest touches was the basket of goodies Nadine left for our arrival - jams, chutneys, mustard, fresh eggs and an incredibly delicious home-made cake. (oh and also a little silver spoon to keep as a moment of our stay!). We would highly recommend Venards Lodge to anyone.

Your age range 35-49
17 Sep 2014
So glad you enjoyed your stay, it's great to hear. Many thanks and I hope we may see you here again!
Sophia C
Arlington, Massachusetts
“An extremely well appointed cottage with all the modern comforts set in a relaxing idyllic countryside.”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

This review should be predicated with the fact that (a) I'm a city girl through and through and (b) visiting from "the States".

I stayed at this lovely venue for 7 days for my friend's week of wedding celebration and prep. The accommodations were heavenly. Since I was with the bride to be from the moment she checked in, I felt it was my due diligence to lay down on several of the beds to test them :). Each one was luxurious, to the point that I am now very seriously considering getting a new mattress at home. All of the bathrooms were very clean and nicely furnished. I used the shower only in one of them and it was a decent shower. I've been told the other shower has fantastic water pressure. I did not try all of the bathrooms ... that seemed a bit excessive ;-). Each of the rooms (except for the one with the bunk beds) had plenty of room and a lot of closet space. The one with the bunk beds was a little small, but if used for kids the perfect size. There is a very comfortable living room (lounge?) that is a nice large size. It comfortably accommodated a group of 10. There is also a nice dining room that has a door leading to the backyard (garden?) that also has a board games, toys and a gaming console for potentially bored teens. I absolutely loved the kitchen. It was a good size to have several people making dinner without running into each other. My favorite features were the dishwasher (yay no need to waste time doing the dishes) and the espresso machine (caffeine addict for more years than I can count). The outdoor space was also wonderful, there are two patio tables on two sides of the house so that no matter what time of day you can choose to be in the sun or not (if it was sunny). Also, I apparently arrived during a 'heat wave' of sorts. From my perspective, this was equally important. The way the cottage is constructed and the windows laid out, it was never stifling inside. This is important for me because I'm used to air conditioning inside when it's that hot outside. And I didn't notice it at all because of the air flow.

Regarding the environment, I loved seeing the wild horses trotting along. And looking at the stars from the garden was amazing. It was so peaceful and tranquil. The view from the garden was also quite lovely and I didn't miss the city noises at all (which is kind of shocking to me). I also enjoyed watching the chickens, my favorites are the one the that looked like an emu and the ones that look like they're wearing trousers :D.

So all of this already makes this place a fantastic cottage to stay it for a holiday. The icing to this cake is Nadine. She was incredibly nice and so helpful. My friend needed a few last minute things for her wedding, but didn't know where or how and just happened to mention the issues and Nadine not only had suggestions, she actually went above and beyond and connected my friend to the right people. Speaking of cake, did I mention the delicious lemon drizzle cake that awaited us that she made herself and was so so yummy?

Long (sorry) story short, I wish I was more local so I could come here on holiday with my friend. Recommend without hesitation :).

The only tip is that everyone seems to have gotten lost trying to find this place ... so, maybe a larger sign? The only sign is on the gate that is open and it's hard to see during the day.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Espresso machine and tranquility
Liked least: Not living close enough to visit again
Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Families with young children
1 Aug 2014
Thank you. As always we really appreciate the time people take to leave a review. Glad you liked the cake, it's a firm favourite with our whole family and ALL our friends! Totally agree about the signs and they are now designed and ordered.
HeatherNe
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

My husband and I booked this cottage for the week of our wedding so that we had enough room for friends and family to stay in the lead up to the big day.
The cottage is PERFECT- I can't think of a single thing I would alter. From the warm welcome, the awesome welcome hamper, the beautiful furniture and attention to detail with the decor, not a single thing was out of place.
On finding out that we were actually getting married during our stay at Venards, Nadine went out of her way to help us source suppliers for last minute wedding issues, ranging from hay bales to a last minute manicurist (who by the way, was the most creative manicurist I've ever had the pleasure of meeting)! Not only was she helpful, she was also thoughtful- she decorated our bedroom so that when we got back from our wedding our bed was covered in rose petals and she'd left us a small gift!

Favourite things about the lodge:
The amazingly comfy beds- my friend who had chronic back pain woke up each morning without the usual discomfort and managed more sleep than usual! And my bridesmaid who slept in the Frogham room then in the bunkbed room (No-mans-land) said even the bunk beds were amazingly comfy and up to scratch with the others!
Feeding the chickens!
Waking up to see horses/donkeys/cows munching the grass right outside the window
The beautiful and luxurious feel to the lodge, including real quality throughout, from towels to coffee and utter spotlessness!
The fact the kitchen had every implement I needed to bake a surprise birthday cake
The fab BBQ in our fab little garden
The friendliness of our host's family

Other plus points:
The lodge is a five minute walk to a well stocked local farm shop.
Despite sharing a drive with the owners we never felt spied on or like we were anything other than very welcome guests.
It had plenty of space to spread out- we had beautiful weather so spent most of our time at either one of the outside tables, but the dining room and lounge were large and well suited to a group of 8 adults.

We can't wait to go back and wish that the week had not whizzed past so quickly. We genuinley cannot recommend this lodge highly enough.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beautiful attention to detail throughout the house.
Liked least: The lack of a shower in the shared bathroom- none of our group were bath people!
Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Families with young children
30 Jul 2014
We LOVED having guests staying here for their wedding and thank you so much for such a lovely review. Look forward to seeing you next year.
Rosie M
Harpenden, United Kingdom
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014

I stayed in this beautiful house with my husband, 2 young sons and mother-in-law and we had such a great time. Nadine gave us a very warm welcome and the homemade cake and fresh eggs were a lovely touch. The house is furnished to very high standards with everything you could possibly want. The beds were incredibly comfortable and my elder son was excited to find bunk beds and a cupboard full of toys! The bathrooms were just beautiful and it was fun to use the aga to boil the kettle, make toast and cook perfect eggs! There were even 2 outdoor tables and chairs (one in the garden to enjoy evening sunshine and BBQs and one at the front of the house to enjoy sunny breakfasts). Nadine gave the boys corn to feed the chickens which they loved. It was a perfect peaceful base from which to explore both the New Forest and the nearby coast (we spent a day at Studland beach). We wished we could have stayed longer and would love to return in the future. Thank you, Nadine!

Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
30 Jul 2014
So glad you enjoyed your stay at Venards Lodge and all it has to offer. Thank you for your lovely review, it really is appreciated.
Linda L
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
“Just Perfect”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

Spent a week at Venards Lodge at the end of April as a treat for my Mum who had just celebrated her 80th birthday. It was a wonderful base, so many lovely places to visit within a short drive and the forest on your doorstep. The roaming animals were a lovely feature, especially the donkeys, and we were lucky enough to see a new born foal on the village green. It feels like you are in the depths of the countryside yet everywhere is so accessible. The house is lovely, and so cosy, we were reluctant to leave. The beds are wonderful so you are assured of a good nights sleep. We enjoyed using the Aga and eating the the home made cake and fresh eggs which were provided on our arrival. Nadine is lovely , so welcoming and helpful . On our first day we went to the coast near Lymington on a route through the forest that Nadine had suggested avoiding all the busy roads and tourist traps. It was a great drive ( you go through 2 fords) that we used several times during the holiday and one evening was particularly memorable with the sun shining through the trees at sunset. We thoroughly enjoyed a trip to Exbury gardens which was a mass of colour at this time of year with all the Rhododendrons & Azealas in full bloom as well as all the bluebells. My mother has trouble walking far, so it was great to be able to see all the gardens in either an electric buggy or by minature train. We also visited Winchester & Salisbury and the park & ride was very useful for us. So much to see & do in the area whether you are 8 or 80 it's a great place for a holiday and Venards Lodge is a wonderful base. Highly recommended..... My parents haven't stopped talking about it since we returned home.!

Liked best: The beds
Liked least: nothing
Friends getaway Older travelers
30 Jul 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review and comments. I am so glad that your mum enjoyed her special birthday treat and really hope we can welcome you back again one day.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing