Children's Museum of Richmond - Short Pump

Reviewed 15 March 2018
Dean3839
Charles City, Virginia
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 week ago

Lovely day with my two grandchildren. They simply loved this children's museum. The employee was amazing with the kids, he even knelt down when talking to them. They felt so special. The tractor was a favorite for one, the other liked the shopping cart. Except for an incident with another customer, being overly aggressive to the employee, it was a great Sunday visit. Definitely will return!

Reviewed 1 week ago

Brought my 3 kids here last weekend - the staff was super sweet and obviously love their jobs and the kids that come in. Couldn't ask for better people. There's plenty for the kids to do, typically if they're under 5-6, though the museum is rated best for under 9 I believe. We will definitely return whenever we're back in the Richmond area!

1  Thank Paradise15419300370
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We came to this museum today with my son and my goddaughter for an experience that something they would enjoy, we have travelled from London England however it was an experience from the rudeness and the upset that Andrew the manager gave to us, my father is the mature elderly gentleman that only has a heart of gold. I have never known anybody to speak to my father and set on with four security officers onto him over him not wanting to wear his little yellow wristband. We have always experienced an extremely high service and standard in America however on this occasion Mr shaking Andrew did not give us that we are deeply upset on the visit that we had when asking for the four dollar refund he declined but he even took the money from us calling my father a liar. I feel that some calming training is required for Andrew. I do hope that Andrew is nicer, I’m more polite to more senior guests and not as it was to us!

1  Thank margate
Reviewed 10 April 2018

Children's Museum of Richmond is small and can be crowded with little kids. They have a few things to do but it will not keep other kids busy for the entire time. Not a must see but if you are n the area you can stop by.

2  Thank fruitb0wlk
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

It was $9 to get in for adults and children. I guess the rent is high in Short Pump Mall. Compared to the location in Richmond it is not as nice or as well maintained.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

This is not a museum it's a children's play house. Although it has some interesting things for the little ones it's most definitely not worth the $9 entrance fee for kids as well as adults. Owner should be embarrassed for charging stupid rate for adults just watching kids play! So many other exciting and wonderful things for kids to do in Richmond.

1  Thank SharonSteinkraus
Reviewed 16 July 2017

This is for young children. Ages 2-5. Honestly your local library has just as much to offer. This has play stations set up. To say it is a SCIENCE museum is a huge stretch.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

When my kids were younger, we frequented the Children's Museum of Richmond and the Old Brick Rd location is the largest and most entertaining. They have it set up for kids of all ages with different educational booths, young toddler play area, and our favorite... the art center in the back where kids can create anything with their imagination. Highly recommend this with the kids, especially on rainy days.

4  Thank Harold C
Reviewed 21 April 2017

This location is in the mall which one may think is good. There is more parking and better hours. However, the location is very small compared to the old location and the others in the area. I miss some of the attractions from the other, the train and the nice, large art room. It's a nice place for very small children, but over the age of 4 they'll probably be bored. Better off to go to the CMOR Central downtown.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

Its a great place to let your little one play while being out of the heat on summer days. $9 each is too much for such a tiny children's museum. We got bored pretty quickly. I did like that its located in the shopping mall so you could go to to the museum, then shopping, eat then then go back to the museum. If I knew it was so small before paying I would have not taken her there. We would have played in the center play area of the mall or went to a bigger children's museum.