“Expecting more”

Children's Museum of Richmond - Short Pump
Ranked #6 of 19 things to do in Glen Allen
Reviewed 16 July 2017

This is for young children. Ages 2-5. Honestly your local library has just as much to offer. This has play stations set up. To say it is a SCIENCE museum is a huge stretch.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

When my kids were younger, we frequented the Children's Museum of Richmond and the Old Brick Rd location is the largest and most entertaining. They have it set up for kids of all ages with different educational booths, young toddler play area, and our favorite... the art center in the back where kids can create anything with their imagination. Highly recommend this with the kids, especially on rainy days.

2  Thank Harold C
Reviewed 21 April 2017

This location is in the mall which one may think is good. There is more parking and better hours. However, the location is very small compared to the old location and the others in the area. I miss some of the attractions from the other, the train and the nice, large art room. It's a nice place for very small children, but over the age of 4 they'll probably be bored. Better off to go to the CMOR Central downtown.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

Its a great place to let your little one play while being out of the heat on summer days. $9 each is too much for such a tiny children's museum. We got bored pretty quickly. I did like that its located in the shopping mall so you could go to to the museum, then shopping, eat then then go back to the museum. If I knew it was so small before paying I would have not taken her there. We would have played in the center play area of the mall or went to a bigger children's museum.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

We have a membership and go here often. My two year old loves it and it's great for him to be able to run and play there. If my husband or I want to shop in the mall, the other one of us will usually take our son to play in the Children's Museum. It's not nearly as big or as cool as the other Children's Museum location though. More like a playground than a museum, in my opinion, but it's indoors. When it's too hot or too cold to play outside, it makes a great place to run off some of that little kid energy.