“Not as good as the other one”

Children's Museum of Richmond - Short Pump
Ranked #6 of 20 things to do in Glen Allen
Reviewed 24 August 2016

We have a membership and go here often. My two year old loves it and it's great for him to be able to run and play there. If my husband or I want to shop in the mall, the other one of us will usually take our son to play in the Children's Museum. It's not nearly as big or as cool as the other Children's Museum location though. More like a playground than a museum, in my opinion, but it's indoors. When it's too hot or too cold to play outside, it makes a great place to run off some of that little kid energy.

Reviewed 15 July 2016

(Trip Advisor needs to update the location, CMoR on Old Brick Road closed a year ago.)

Pleasant place to spend half an hour with your children or grandchildren, but lacks the room and variety of the former Short Pump CMoR.

Adequate, but disappointing.

Reviewed 29 June 2016

Children's Museum in Richmond has two campuses. I feel that this one is geared more to the younger Pre-school age children and the one on Broad is better for older children. It can be pricey because adults have to pay too but the kids usually have a pretty good time. There are several different areas to go through. It isn't really a "museum" - more an interactive play space but there are fun things for the kids to do and places for the grown ups to sit and watch.

Reviewed 4 April 2016

The staff is friendly and the space is open and clean. However, we only go when our credit card company offers free weekends for cardholders. Then, it is only $9 for our 2 year old. Otherwise, it is pretty much an over-priced playground. There are certainly learning opportunities for younger children, but I would venture to say that it would be hard to entertain children over the age of 5 in this small location for very long.

There are a fair amount of activities for toddlers and younger children. Definitely nothing special for older children. I'm all for entertaining my children in a variety of ways, but this is simply not worth the expense (if you pay full price). There are too many stellar parks, nature walks, playgrounds, and other experiences in the Richmond/Short Pump area that offer better value and more education for your money.

Also, it was not crowded when we went early on a Sunday morning. However, I can imagine that it is insanely crowded the rest of the time because it is not an especially large space.

Reviewed 16 September 2015

cost me $45 for us to - 2 hours of play - thats it - way too expensive for the average parent, grandparent like me -even 15 cents day cost grandma $9 - im guessing that there are specials for certain folks, as most cannot afford this activity

1  Thank Patricia L