Children's Museum of Richmond - Short Pump
Open today: 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
Children at play.

Children's Museum of Richmond is small and can be crowded with little kids. They have a few things... read more

Reviewed 10 April 2018
fruitb0wlk
Richmond, Virginia
Small and underwhelming

It was $9 to get in for adults and children. I guess the rent is high in Short Pump Mall. Compared... read more

Reviewed 15 March 2018
Dean3839
Glen Allen, Virginia
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 April 2016

The staff is friendly and the space is open and clean. However, we only go when our credit card company offers free weekends for cardholders. Then, it is only $9 for our 2 year old. Otherwise, it is pretty much an over-priced playground. There are certainly learning opportunities for younger children, but I would venture to say that it would be hard to entertain children over the age of 5 in this small location for very long.

There are a fair amount of activities for toddlers and younger children. Definitely nothing special for older children. I'm all for entertaining my children in a variety of ways, but this is simply not worth the expense (if you pay full price). There are too many stellar parks, nature walks, playgrounds, and other experiences in the Richmond/Short Pump area that offer better value and more education for your money.

Also, it was not crowded when we went early on a Sunday morning. However, I can imagine that it is insanely crowded the rest of the time because it is not an especially large space.

Reviewed 16 September 2015

cost me $45 for us to - 2 hours of play - thats it - way too expensive for the average parent, grandparent like me -even 15 cents day cost grandma $9 - im guessing that there are specials for certain folks, as most cannot afford this activity

1  Thank Patricia L
Reviewed 10 August 2015

this isn't a museum - it's an interactive kids play place - they should not charge adults to enter!!! it's $9 a person (kid or adult) so it's kind of a rip off and not worth it. our 3.5 year old liked it but the 9/11 year olds did not. if we just had the little one and only had to pay for him and not the adults would have been worth it. even just him and us paying $27 for that would not be worth it....stop charging adults!! and there was no supervision other than the parents

Reviewed 21 July 2015

It's really a small venue for kid's activities, to play-act real world stuff. Nice displays, our kids had fun, but not mentally stimulating for anyone over age four. It's a good play date for moms, though pricey for what you get. The Science Museum is a thousand times better.

1  Thank Daphne S
Reviewed 15 July 2015

CMoR Short Pump has moved to the mall, and the location is even smaller than it was before. This is a play place for young toddlers. I understand the value of play but do not understand how anyone in good conscience can call CMoR a museum. I would not pay entrance for my four-year-old; it wouldn't be worth the $9. It absolutely slays me that I have to pay $9 for myself in order to take my two-year-old. OUTRAGEOUS. NEVER AGAIN. My two-year-old did everything in one hour. There are real children's museums out there! CMor should close down the newer two locations and improve the original location to include offerings for ALL children...not just two-year-olds. People in elementary school are STILL children; yet, CMoR has NOTHING for them!!! What a joke!!! What a rip-off!!!

2  Thank Brandee S