All reviews long counter an aquarium separate living room area hot tub left early indoor pool microwave and fridge big bathroom waffles very nice stay two queens front desk personnel one night stay sitting area short drive rooms were very clean staff was friendly
Reviewed 13 April 2018

Well, I generally do not find much to complain about but this place was not satisfactory. We arrived tired and for some reason our reservation that was made via the choice hotel web site was not there. This is the first time that has ever happened and it put me in a bad frame of mind. After several calls by us to the choice hotel website, they were finally able to get us our rooms. While we were waiting, I walked around the lobby and checked out the pool. It was dark,dreary and busy we were too tired to use it anyway. The hall carpets were dirty. Our beds were comfortable and that was the essential. The shower was moldy and that was unacceptable. I didn't use it, but husband did. The breakfast was acceptable but the layout could be improved because of the narrowness. All in all, we do not ever plan to stay here again. They may improve.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Travel806100
Hotel M, General Manager at Comfort Suites At Virginia Center Commons, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us. I do apologize that it took some time to get a hold of Choice Hotels to get your reservation straightened out. Unfortunately for us at the property level we have little control over when they send the reservations through to our system, but I do understand how frustrating the wait must have been for you. Our pool will look darker the later in the day it gets due to the tempered glass we do have on the pool door, but please know I will be checking into the lighting in the pool to make sure it is adequate for all of our guests. I am glad you enjoyed the comfort of our bed, and do hope it led to a great night sleep for you while you were here. I sincerely apologize for the shower not being cleaned properly, and will discuss this with the appropriate staff member. We are currently in the process of renovating our breakfast selections, and the flow of breakfast for our guests. Thank you for your feedback, and you are right when you say that changes are coming!! I do hope you give us another chance in the future if you are in the area again, and promise with all the changes we are making that you will feel much different in the future. Have an amazing and blessed day!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I found this place CLEAN, quiet, overall nice. I saw reviews that it was dirty- I found it very clean. Breakfast very nice, Naomi on front desk nice but overworked. No complaints..
Well engineered, all amenities on hand.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lermndo
Hotel M, General Manager at Comfort Suites At Virginia Center Commons, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us. I am glad you found your accommodations to be clean, and our staff to be helpful. Naomi will be thrilled you mentioned her by name, and I agree that she is a very hard and dependable worker. We are in the process of upgrading our breakfast so I am glad you found it to be pleasing to you. We hope to see you again in the future. Have an amazing and blessed day!

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Everything else! Hotel pictures shown are NOT an accurate representation of this hotel - or maybe they were taken 10 years ago!! In reality, this hotel was absolutely OLD and FILTHYYYYY!

DISGUSTING old carpet with food, hair, and everything else embedded, all throughout lobby, the hallways, my room, the workout room, etc.!! FILTHYFILTHYFILTHY EVERYWHERE!!!! Even other guests (strangers) were commenting on how gross this hotel was -- we were talking with total strangers about it on the elevator ride up... and again at breakfast!!!!! No one wanted to touch anything!!!!! One of the guests said the clerk even credited his stay because his room door wouldn't even lock!!! WHAT!!!

When I arrived late evening, I opened up the sofa bed for my son to sleep in, only to find DIRTY LINEN (complete with pubic hair!!!!!) in my sleeper sofa - which I promptly took down to the night desk clerk!!! Of course, my son wouldn't sleep on the bed (nor would I let him) our entire weekend stay...which meant that THREE people were in ONE king bed!! I got ZERO sleep, as my son thrashes around at night!!! Tile grout was missing in several tiles in our bathroom, so every time you stepped on the tiles, they shifted.

Breakfast buffet was nothing but dirty tables and dirty eating areas! Breakfast was gross, bruised fruit, etc. The only things edible were the waffles and yogurt. Couldn't sleep because kids were running up and down the hall, and our room was facing the highway and we could hear highway traffic all through the night. Pool water was cold (supposed to be heated) but we swam anyway.

Customer services was LOUSY! Left my contact info with a clerk for manager who wasn't onsite and who never even called back!! Worst hotel stay in MANY YEARS! I would have left if I had anywhere else to go, but unfortunately, all of the hotels in the area were booked solid or over $500.00 - trust me, I searched for two hours trying to find another place to stay!!!

Tip to management: Your hotel needs a TOTAL overhaul!! And your customer service SUCKS! Why would your hotel be booked solid, and NO onsite management??? If you know your hotel is going to be sold out, hire enough people to adequately keep it clean and staff it!!! Keep your property in repair!! And for goodness sakes: Hire people who stay off their cell phones when they are supposed to be cleaning, and CHANGE THE BEDDING!!!!! *EWWWWW*

Room Tip: Stay at the hotel next door!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Hotel M, General Manager at Comfort Suites At Virginia Center Commons, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Please allow me to apologize that your stay with us was not up to your usual Comfort Suites standards. I take reviews like this very seriously, and thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to let me know how your stay was. Your feedback has been noted and shared with the appropriate staff members. I assure you this is not how we usually operate here, and your comments will not go unfixed. If there is ever anything I can do for you please feel free to reach out to me directly. Have an amazing and blessed day!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

My husband I stayed here several times over the last few months. The first time we stayed we loved it because we got upgraded to a nice big suite. When we stayed again we noticed black mold in the bathroom. We told the hotel staff and was told maintenance would come address it, but they didn’t. The third time we stayed the air quality was poor and their was dirt caked in the shower.
The breakfast is kind of stale and not very fresh. We will try the candlewood suites next door with hopefully a better experience.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melonscherry

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. It is through honest guests such as yourself that we as a hotel get a chance to learn and grow, so thank you again for bringing all these issues to my attention. I can assure you that they are being taken seriously and are in the process of getting fixed right now. We are in the process of upgrading our breakfast for all of our guests, so make sure you give us another try when you are in the area. If there is ever anything you may need in the future, please reach out to me directly. Have an amazing and blessed day!

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

Made a reservation for this hotel online. Had family member get sick, tried canceling our room. Was told by corporate office that it was 7 minutes after the 4 pm deadline. We were on hold for 12 min.
There’s a new 24hr cancellation policy. Call hotel directly.
The hotel is under new management/ownership.
We received an apology from the desk personnel and she also suggested we call the hotel directly.
We left early the next day and the usual To Go breakfast is no longer available.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Hotel M, General Manager at Comfort Suites At Virginia Center Commons, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Thank you for sharing some feedback with us from your most recent stay. I do apologize that we were not able to cancel your reservation, but am glad that once you got here that your room clean and welcoming for you. If there is anything I can do in the future please feel free to contact me directly. Have an amazing and blessed day!