“Consistently good”

Ranked #4 of 104 Restaurants in Gainesville
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: At Blue Ridge Seafood we are proud to offer you the widest selection of the best seafood around while trying our best to procure American, sustainably sourced seafood whenever possible. Our seafood is hand breaded to order, and our cocktail sauce is handmade daily.
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We have visited a few times. We’ve always had great food. The service has never been terrible, just some visits are better than others depending on how busy they are. We’ve been when it’s packed and when it is virtually empty. We will be going again when we want some great seafood.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

We look forward to dining here every time we return to the area. Until our most recent visit we've been very pleased with our selection of entrees. My partner ordered a fried seafood platter. It was over fried and the food was very dry. I ordered the broiled crabcake dinner. My selection arrived fried and dry. The order was corrected and served as originally requested. It too was over broiled and somewhat dry. We were disappointed. Hopefully this evening was an exception.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Not fancy but great food. We always sit outside by the bar and always have a good time. It is typically busy so be aware.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I have passed by Blue Ridge Seafood numerous times but I never had the opportunity to stop. The parking lot is always full just as it was this day. The family-owned restaurant is a bit dated with a nautical decor.
It was about 2PM on a Sunday. My wife, who is diabetic, had not yet eaten and it was time for us to stop somewhere other than fast food.
We were seated promptly and our server was right there to take our drink order.
The menu is fairly extensive with several specials. We made our selections with some assistance from our server.
Because I wanted my wife to get something to eat right away I ordered some hush puppies. They were excellent with a strong taste of corn and served with melted butter.
In lieu of french fries or rice my wife had a double salad. It was served in a deep bowl and contained a variety of salad ingredients. She didn’t finish it but she said she got all the “good stuff.”
I ordered a cup of clam chowder. It was good but nothing outstanding. I probably would have enjoyed the crab soup more.
For her meal my spouse had fried shrimp. She finished them all and said they were good. I had fish and chips. The fries were good. The fish I thought at first could have been cooked a bit longer but then I decided it was fine. It was a very large piece of tasty white fish that I couldn’t finish.
We probably would have been better enjoyed ordering what the locals get. Several patrons were having crab cakes and king crab. That will be for my next visit.
I would likely give Blue Ridge Seafood a four star rating for the food. However, our server Demi, was so outstanding they get a fifth star. Demi couldn’t do enough for us to make our dining a pleasant experience. It earned her my thanks and a big tip.
Before leaving I had the opportunity to speak with a young man who is the owner’s sons. I told him how much we enjoyed our meal, that we would return and he would receive a very favorable Y.A. review.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

If you like over cooked, deep fried, or bland seafood, this is your place. It stays busy and I can’t see why.

Date of visit: July 2018