“Good Indian Food”

Taste of India
Ranked #14 of 104 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 6 April 2018

First thing to remember is - Taste of India closes at 2:30 PM to prepare for evening meal so my suggestion is that you get there before 2 PM so you do not have to rush your meal.
It is a very neat eating establishment and the food is very good - authentic Indian.
Naan was fresh and tender. This is a good place for both vegetarian and carnivores.
I generally eat vegan and had no problem satisfying my appetite here. Food bar was kept clean and the restaurant staff was very friendly.

1  Thank Frank R

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We went here with friends (who frequent it for carry out). We ordered 4 of the various appetizers/soups on the menu and each of us ordered a different main course. We enjoyed it all. I was slightly disappointed with the Chicken Tandoor (I am used to white meat-- they served it with thighs and drumsticks), however the flavor was very good. Loved the Naan and chutney. Would go again.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Never having been here before, u casually strolled in and the guy at the front counter was nice enough to greet me. I expressed interest in takeout and after telling him I like chicken and lamb, asked what dish I should order if I was to judge the restaurant on it. He suggested the lamb boti kebab masala. I enjoy my food spicy and he listed the levels of spiciness available and settled for extra spicy, which is one notch less than what they call "Indian spicy." I figured this would be a safe bet as I wanted to see how heavy the heat hands are of the chefs... The wait time was short, probably five minutes. Don't be put off by this, as I half expected this to be a prepared dish in the kitchen as the lamb is marinated overnight and somehow they took my order during midday closed hours... ??? I didn't even realize until I read the times open online and on the business card. The guy was apparently cool about it! Food came out in five minutes and I drove home excited to try out a new dish.

I just finished eating, and may I just say a huge thank you, A Taste of India! The suggestion was satisfying! The spiciness is perfect, but I have a high threshold for heat, so others may want to step it down a notch or two. The sauce was very tasty and well balanced; the tomato and cream don't overtake each other. The lamb is very delicious, though it barely made it over the threshold of perfect tenderness. Lamb is difficult that way though; if you want it tender you either cook it just to medium or for hours to just before the breakdown point. None of the pieces were at all tough to chew, so kudos on the perfect cooking! Price for this dish is fair, given the prep time and cost of lamb in this country. I'm truly looking forward to bringing family and friends here and trying more dishes.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Taste of India has a simple decor in a Gainesville strip mall but it’s lunch buffet is reasonably price and quite tasty. The restaurant’s buffet offers freshly baked nan, vegetable pakoras, rice pilaf, several chicken dishes, vegetable curry and usually a lamb curry option. They also provide sweet and coriander sauces. The Indian buffet, well priced and of good quality, is a alable for lunch only.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Best Indian in the area. Always consistent and fresh. The buffet is great too. Small restaurant but good atmosphere. Friendly staff too.