“Enjoyable meal - but not a BBQ restaurant”
Review of Jimbo's Texas BBQ

Jimbo's Texas BBQ
Ranked #20 of 104 Restaurants in Gainesville
Price range: USD 10 - USD 25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: Casual american fare & sports bar featuring award winning wings, named the best in Northern Virginia by NOVA Magazine, and burgers made with local Virginia raised Black Angus beef, grass fed and with no added hormones. We have daily specials, prime rib specials Tuesday and Thursday, and Hot Dog specials every Monday. We serve breakfast Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 3pm. Daily Happy Hour every weekday from 3 to 7pm. Karaoke every Friday night at 8pm. All major sporting events are televised in our sports bar section.
Reviewed 30 January 2018

My sons and I decided to stop in after working out at the gym close by. I am surprised that it is called a BBQ restaurant - I don't remember seeing BBQ on the menu! The food was good - there were lots of options - lots of different sandwiches, entrees(including seafood) and many different type of hot dogs. I got a BLT with fries, one son got fish and chips and the other son got chicken and shrimp Alfredo. All the food was hot and tasty. The waitress was great - she came by and checked on us many times. I had a cup of hot tea and the boys had lemonade. We all enjoyed the experience. For a Sunday night they had a nice crowd - there are two separate areas - one bar and one restaurant and there is a wall in between them. We will go back - will check the menu for BBQ!

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Another overrated restaurant. We went to Jimbo's for their Thurs Prime Rib special. The experience was not very good. We were told to get there early because they usually run out of the Prime Rib. Let me start with the waitress, very slow in taking our order, never followed up to see if we needed drink refills and had to be flagged to get any service. Two of the orders were not cooked to spec. My wife ordered medium and her plate was medium rare. I ordered medium rare and it was more toward medium. We both ordered the baked sweet potato and they were both over cooked. It was almost as soft as mash potato. The price was comparable with other places that serve Prime Rib. Not worth returning.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We've lived nearby for more than a year and just tried them for breakfast today. They open at 9 Saturday and Sunday

I had a kitchen sink omelette with home fries and thick rye toast. My wife has eggs, potatoes and crispy bacon. Portions were huge. Food was hot and very good
They have good coffee, the service was outstanding

We'll be back.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 23 January 2017

I went in expecting a barbecue restaurant but, unfortunately, it was hard to find any barbecue on the menu. They had a burger with pulled pork, pulled pork sandwiches and pork ribs but that was it. Texas barbecue is all about beef but there was no beef brisket, no beef ribs and no beef sausage. I also didn't smell any smoke and I didn't see a smoker or wood outside. I don't know where they actually do the barbecuing but it doesn't seem to be here.

I ordered the Jimbo's Jumbo Burger, which seems to be their signature item. It took at least 20 minutes to arrive. The burger was good and there was some barbecue flavor from the pulled pork but it wasn't what think of as barbecue.

Date of visit: January 2017
1  Thank Gordon175
Reviewed 22 January 2017

Best burger around, much better than 5 Guys, Fuddruckers etc. Wings are also really good. Patio seating available weather permitting.

Date of visit: January 2017