“The Prime Rib Sandwich is out of this world!”
Review of Jimbo's Texas BBQ

Jimbo's Texas BBQ
Ranked #20 of 104 Restaurants in Gainesville
Price range: USD 10 - USD 25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: Casual american fare & sports bar featuring award winning wings, named the best in Northern Virginia by NOVA Magazine, and burgers made with local Virginia raised Black Angus beef, grass fed and with no added hormones. We have daily specials, prime rib specials Tuesday and Thursday, and Hot Dog specials every Monday. We serve breakfast Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 3pm. Daily Happy Hour every weekday from 3 to 7pm. Karaoke every Friday night at 8pm. All major sporting events are televised in our sports bar section.
Reviewed 29 February 2016

My husband and I typically go here on Friday nights. There is a regular crowd that ends up here and the group is so much fun! We always sit at the bar in Tyler's section. He works himself to death. And he will bend over backwards to make sure everything is perfect. I've had the prime rib sandwich which is absolutely amazing!! I've had the wings with hot sauce. The wings are not breaded and they typically put just the right amount of sauce on them - the sauce is not too hot. I've also had the pastrami sandwich too. Everything is delicious. I usually order the tater tots and I've also had mashed potatoes, fully loaded with sour cream, onions, and bacon. Yummy!! Not to mention, they have karaoke on Friday nights. The bartender Tracy has an amazing voice so look for her to be one of the people singing (she has her own band). You can't go wrong here so be sure to check it out. Small bar but excellent food! Love it!!

1  Thank Sweetcfo

Reviewed 21 January 2016

got very nervous walking in and the place was dead. the waitress at first started out bad but at the end she was great. food was good and greasy. hit the spot. will come back

Reviewed 7 November 2015 via mobile

Lots of fun. Nice local bar and the prime rob sandwich and wings are great. Highly recommend a trip here.

2  Thank Kevin O
Reviewed 27 October 2015

We are regulars at this restaurant. The staff is so friendly, the price is right and the food is consistently outstanding.

Reviewed 20 October 2015

I had heard really good things about Jimbos. Our experience wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible either, it was right in the middle of the road.

It was a football Sunday. The bar area was busy, but not crazy.

The hostess was super pleasant and she sat our 4 top in the restaurant area. She made sure the people at our table who wanted to see the TV could, and that the game that they could see was one they actually wanted to!

Our server was totally EMO. We could barely hear what she said, and while she wasn't rude or particularly unfriendly, she was not in the running for Server of the Week for sure.

We started with 12 wings, hot rub, hot buffalo sauce on the side. They were good. Scale of 1-10, 10 being incredible - 6.8.

The menu certainly reads well. Everything SOUNDS really good.

We landed on me-nachos with pork, #2- bacon cheeseburger, med. with fries, #3- grilled bacon mac and cheese sandwich (doesn't that sound awesome?!) with tots, #4-Cincinnati Dawg with tots.

The burger was the winner, hands down. My nachos were gross, I'd get something else next time. #3 wasn't super impressed with his sandwich and #4 gave it an,"Its ok".

Fries beat tots hands down. They were phenomenal. I could eat a giant plate of those.

It's worth a second visit, just because there were so many other things on the menu that sounded great.