“Brave woman!”
Review of Belle Boyd Cottage

Belle Boyd Cottage
Ranked #5 of 13 things to do in Front Royal
Reviewed 9 August 2016

Belle Boyd was a brave and fearless young girl and woman who would do ANYTHING to help the Confederate cause during the Civil War. We toured the home on a Monday and my husband and I were the only ones there, so we got a private tour. Amanda, our guide, was extremely knowledgeable both on the house and on the lady who lived in it! History is something I love anyway, so I was engrossed in the story. The house was moved to its current site from another point in town, that story is interesting too!

1  Thank MCSpaints
"survived"
"stories"
"narrative"

Reviewed 22 June 2016

Mrs. Corey made Belle Boyd come alive for our group. Her enthusiasm and knowledge were exceptional. I guarantee you will be pleasantly surprised by the history of Belle Boyd in the Civil War.

1  Thank bgrewe22
Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

This is the teaser for Balthis House. It was nice and the history with the house is neat but you need to do the full tour.

1  Thank 94prc
Reviewed 18 January 2016

We had a wonderful tour of Belle Boyd's cottage. This feisty and fascinating young confederate female spy lived in Front Royal during a pivotal time in her espionage career. The cottage was on a detour for us but well worth the time we spent there. I love it when history comes alive! The "Siren of the Shenandoah" became a real character for us during our tour. Visitors will enjoy this stop!

1  Thank Retiredsmiling