“stepping back into the 50's” 4 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
South Street Grill
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating
Description: Has been open for a while and a legend among AT through hikers. It is a store-front restaurant with a 50's diner theme.
Front Royal, Virginia
“stepping back into the 50's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

Typical grill food and service that you would expect. It beats fast food any day.

Edinburg, Virginia
“Crappy place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

Nice little place but unfortunately neither the service or food matches. I've been here a couple times but there won't be a third. When I was with my wife our server did everything possible to not wait on us or provide good service; Once I was there by myself and another server walked over and dropped my plate down on the table and walked away without a word. Not sure what was her major malfunction.

Visited July 2011
3 Thank Bigfoot424
Front Royal, Virginia
“Average Food but Great Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

Your average Diner food-mostly from frozen,canned vegetables and sausage gravy and chipped beef. they do have a good daily special most of the time. Service is fast and friedly. Restaurant is clean and tidy. Go, you'll enjoy if your passing through Front Royal

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Dennis B
Strasburg, Virginia
“Good food, friendly service, fair prices.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

And yet still, I am not in a hurry to return here. I only ate here once and maybe that is not enough time to discover their signature dish. A place like this needs a signature dish; otherwise, for the locals, there is no real reason to return.
Now if you are from out of town and are looking for a place with "home-style" food at a good price then you should definitely try the South Street Grille. I think you will be pleased.

• Visited February 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

I had the pleasure of going out to dinner with some friends to the South Street Grill in Front Royal. The employees are so friendly, we were greeted immediately upon entering by a smiling friendly outgoing waitress. Our waitress made us all feal as tho she had known us forever. We ate the Meatloaf, and the Chicken and Pork Chops. The meals are home cooked just like I use to get at home. The prices are very resonable and portions were more than sufficient. Then after the great meal we enjoyed some homemade cake, some of our group ordered ice cream sundaes and OH MY, nothing more I can say. I would highly recommmend this restaraunt to my friends. There is a variety of Subs, and deli sandwiches breakfest served ALL day, and then there are the dinners. The food and hospitality were top knotch here, we will be coming back again, and would advise anyone looking for some good eats to stop by and see these fine people

Satisfied and full