“A Great Stop for Coffee”

Daily Grind Coffee House and Cafe
Description: Main Street Daily Grind is an independent, family owned and operated Coffeehouse and Cafe located in the heart of historical Downtown Front Royal, VA that provides newly-remodeled and updated indoor seating, family-style comfortable ambiance and free Wi-Fi. Our Cafe offers the finest coffee with full espresso bar and a large variety of non-coffee drinks, teas and frappes with over thirty flavors. Our made-to-order breakfast and lunch options are served all day, including gourmet sandwiches and wraps, homemade soups, Bites and Fries menu, homemade fresh baked pastries and pies, large selection of decadent desserts, organic ice cream and milkshakes and much more. Gluten free, dairy free and vegetarian options are also available. Parking on street and rear and wheelchair accessible. Outdoor seating is on Main Street and open year round.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There was a line here much of the day but it moved quickly. Coffee was served up fast and delicious, as were the muffins. Not as cramped as many coffee shops. A full menu of other items as well. Prices are affordable - beats Starbucks any day.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

I come here with my friends every time I am visiting Front Royal. They have great sandwiches, wraps, and paninis as well as specialty coffee drinks and ice cream. If it's not hot or raining, you can eat at an outside table on the quaint Main Street. A very enjoyable place to spend a hour or two.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Was a regular for years and then moved away. Visited after 8 years and the Morning Buzz is just as good as before.

yp1031, Owner at Daily Grind Coffee House and Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Thank you so much for your review! Since April 2017 Main Street Daily Grind is under new management, but we decided to keep the same great coffee that Daily Grind has served for over 15 years! Our coffee is locally roasted every week (so we know it's always fresh!) and our syrups are gourmet and all-natural. Morning Buzz is definitely one of the favorites! Our newly remodeled cafe provides family-style ambiance and a huge menu selection with something for everyone. Soups are made from scratch, lunch meat has no fillings, no preservatives, our ice cream is organic, from grass fed cows and Non-GMO, our baked goods are baked daily and we also cooperate with another local bakery, and every meal is fresh and made to the order (in comparison to the chain restaurants where the food is processed, frozen and microwaved, and no-one knows where and how long ago the coffee was roasted) and the list goes on. We hope to see you soon! Thank you, Yuliya

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Great tasting coffee and chait tea latte. My husband and I found it to be much better than the stuff you get in your typical coffee chains. The menu had a lot of variety. Service and atmosphere were very pleasant. Looking forward to trying their food next time we are in town - it looked delicious.

Thank you, Maria! We truly appreciate your review and looking forward to see and serve you next time you are in Front Royal, Va. Yuliya

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

I stopped going here 2 months ago because I was over the inconsistency. I would stop in and have a dirty chai 3-4 days a week and it never tasted the same twice. Some days I'd have my kindergartener with me and she'd want a chocolate chip cookie but 90% of the time they were sold out.
Twice while I sat sipping my disgusting chai the new people in the kitchen burnt something or another. Once it was a tray of bacon, everyone was looking to see where the smell was coming from as the girls at the counter were oblivious. The whole place proceeded to fill with smoke before one went to the back to check. Then she propped the front door open on a chilly rainy day to let the smoke out.
I used to enjoy ham, cheese and egg breakfast sliders minus the egg. Nice and hot, perfect way to start the day. Then one day while sipping a crappy latte a lady brings out 2 cold ham sandwiches. Cold bread, cold cheese, cold ham. Disgusting. I haven't been back, which is for the best since I threw 2 drinks away a week. I boxed the sandwiches for a homeless man.

Hello cherries24! We enjoyed reading multiple reviews that you left about our business. Obviously, you can't make your mind whether you like us or not! :) Sometime you love us and sometime you absolutely dislike us. Sometime you praise us, and sometime you create some unbelievable and untruthful stories. As much as you did not like to see the change that happened with new ownership, we take a pride at all the changes we brought to this place and our friendly and professional staff! Our newly remodeled cafe provides family-style ambiance and a huge menu selection with something for everyone. We hand-pick the best ingredients for every menu item. Our coffee is locally roasted every week (so we know it's always fresh!) and our syrups are gourmet and all-natural. Soups are made from scratch, lunch meat has no fillings, no preservatives, our ice cream is organic, from grass fed cows and Non-GMO, our baked goods are baked daily and we also cooperate with another local bakery, and every meal is fresh and made to the order (in comparison to the chain restaurants where the food is processed, frozen and microwaved, and no-one knows where and how long ago the coffee was roasted) and the list goes on. And the most important - our staff follows exact the same recipe for food and drinks, so it's never inconsistent (not sure how dirty chai would taste different every time ;) As for the sliders, many customers prefer them cold. Except for breakfast sliders (that include egg and yours didn't), all our sliders are served cold with mayo, unless the customer specifies. We always listen and follow customers' request. I'm always available if you have any questions.Thank you, Yuliya
P.S.If you didn't think the meal we served was good for you, WHY would you think it was good for a homeless man, don't they also deserve the best, just like you?? I can reassure you, that our high standards of serving the best food and the best service apply to every meal and every person, even if it's free/donation.