“Good for kids B-Day parties, Basic Bowling”
Review of Bowl America

Bowl America
Reviewed 22 June 2018

Have used this Bowl America for several B-Day parities for my kids. Basic grille food and services where unfortunately they are sometimes understaffed. If you are the kind that spends $500 a B-Day party and everything is done for you ... this is not the place. Couple hundred $, bring your own cake and balloons and enjoy the savings.

All reviews
"bowling"
in 13 reviews
"blast"

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Second visit and always the same. So much potential but just so poorly managed and understaffed. The line for food or drinks, 20 - 30 min all Saturday afternoon because they only have one cashier. They could do twice the business in concessions but don’t because even if you wait one time, you won’t bother with a second round. They didn’t let us call ahead and reserve a lane but when we arrived, they said there was a 1.5hour wait. We went to a nearby park for 45 min and returned, to find they had already called our name and marked us no show. We waited another 45 min and got a lane, finally. It would be less frustrating if it wasn’t so painfully obvious how they just don’t give a flip how lousy the experience is.

Reviewed 5 February 2017

It's a bowling alley - a bit old but brings a sort of nostalgic feel to it. What has me giving 2 stars is the customer service. It's horrible. Like one reviewer said, it feels that everyone that works there, seriously hates being there. Every component of customer service from the front counter to the food service is completely lacking. One quick note, if you have kids - you know how much they love the arcade. There is a no refund policy which is understandable. However, they have one game there that costs $1 a time and never works. They refuse to place an out of order sign on it. They just don't care at all...even the manager on-site.It's a bowling alley - a bit old but brings a sort of nostalgic feel to it. What has me giving 2 stars is the customer service. It's horrible. Like one reviewer said, it feels that everyone that works there, seriously hates being there. Every component of customer service from the front counter to the food service is completely lacking. One quick note, if you have kids - you know how much they love the arcade. There is a no refund policy which is understandable. However, they have one game there that costs $1 a time and never works. They refuse to place an out of order sign on it. They just don't care at all...even the manager on-site.

1  Thank Meemers333
Reviewed 12 November 2016

This was my third (and last) negative experience here.

I came at 11am on a Saturday morning with my spouse and 3 young kids. We asked for 2 lanes and were told that it was "too busy" and they would only give us one lane. Of the 23 lanes on our side, 4 were in use. I told the manager it was my birthday and my husband and I wanted our own lane, and would bowl pretty quickly, but he refused. We took the one lane.

Because we had to bowl together, it takes longer to get to everyone's turn and my 3 year old lost patience, cried, and refused to bowl. A few frames later, my 5 year old did the same. The entire hour it took us to bowl, only ONE other family came to bowl.

At the end of the game, I told the manager I thought he had made the wrong judgment call and I was upset that ON MY BIRTHDAY he would not have accommodated us. He was unapologetic. I asked him to "make it right" by waiving the cost of my 3 year old. He refused. I informed him I would be posting this review, so I do not expect a response.

Other problems were that, on ALL 3 occasions, the game has mis-scored and required someone to be called.

I also witnessed the manager abuse a black employee.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE, ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN.

3  Thank Argyle718