All reviewsroom was cleanstay there againwafflesan older hotelnice poollifeguard on dutydc areaother hotelsbreakfast buffetbit datedfridge and microwaveorange linemetro stationi highly recommend this hotelgeorge mason universityconvenient locationbw
Reviewed 14 October 2008

My wife and I stayed for 15 nights starting 9/22 as our base to see DC and other sites. The staff is very nice, helpful and cooperative. The bus stop in front of the hotel is convenient to get to and from the Metro station. The location is very safe to walk to local restaurants like the Red Lobster. Gloria in the restaurant does a good job with the breakfast buffet. Sonny who has the restaurant the rest of the day is also accommodating and serves large portion meals. Our room faced the pool and was kept pretty nice. Fairfax is also convenient to H-66 if you are driving.

We would definitely stay there again if we visit DC.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2008

To be clear, this is a Motel, not a Hotel. There was quite an air gap around my door, and the curtains didn't close as securely as I would like.

The walls and floors are apparently not insulated against sound, because I was awoken a number of times - around 10pm from someone sneezing loudly in an adjacent room, then again from 1am-3:30am by a loud guy in an adjacent room. Even the air conditioner couldn't drown this guy out. I checked out the next morning more exhausted than when I checked in.

It was fairly clean, minus the stains on the carpet and the sticky section of carpet by the desk.

The location felt safe.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2008

We stayed for 3 nights and found the staff very pleasant and helpful. I loved their big trees. Traffic in the DC area always leaves me stressed and this place was a quiet oasis. The rooms were comfortable and clean and I would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 11 August 2008

After much review of Hotels in and around the DC area, I came across the Best Western in Fairfax and found that most of the reviews were favorable. We booked it and I'm so glad we did. Very Nice, Quiet, Very clean, Friendly Staff, all you can eat breakfast buffet in the mornings for a low price.The diningroom is large with giant windows overlooking the courtyard and pool. This hotel is one exit away from the Metro that takes you directly into DC hassle free of all traffic. The local area in and around the hotel is very clean, and has some cute bistros and eateries close by. The hotel has a very nice fenced in pool with a staff member on duty. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone interested in visiting the DC area. It was perfect for our vacation.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2008

We stayed here for the nights of June 11-12, 2008. If you have things to do in Northern Virginia this is a fabulous location. If you have things to do in DC it is a very good location with quick access to I-66.

Our room was a double queen and the room was nice with a fridge and microwave. It is located witin 1/10 mile of the great 29-Diner and a Fuddruckers,

The office staff was very nice, the rooms comfortable, and the free wireless is always great!

Would I stay here again? Yes.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family