See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Extended stay America should do an employee training well enough for them to make everything works as it should be. I know it is difficult for them to clean entire room but at least try to give some effort in it. Stinky stain in bed sheet is not cool. Please change bed sheets and don't tell customer to come and get their own ashtray. It is very rude.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Danchoi, thank you for being our guest. We cannot apologize enough for the poor service you received during your stay. To make sure this does not happen again, we are actively working with our staff to improve our guest experience. We have discussed your feedback with our housekeeping team to make sure they do a deep cleaning so that no future guest experiences the same. We would like to regain your trust and hope you both will give us that chance in the future.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Used trip advisor to book this room. My wife was under the assumption she booked a room big enough for all 5 of us. We received a room with one bed that made for an extremely uncomfortable nights sleep. When we asked for a more accommodating room we were told because we booked through trip advisor and we got it for so cheap already that we would have to pay more to get a bigger room. What a pain to deal with and a horrible experience. Would never stay there again and probably won't use trip advisor again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Jason, thank you for sharing the specifics of your stay with us. Please accept our apologies for the reservation mix-up by the third party website. We will investigate what went wrong in your instance. Although what happened is not typical, we obviously have room to improve and we assure you we will. We hope to have the chance to make it up to you on a future visit.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Nice location... Service was very nice... Only complaint is we didn’t have any wash clothes in the room and they didn’t have any extra ones to bring us. Other than that it was a nice hotel... Very roomy..

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Thank you for staying at Extended Stay America. We are glad to read you liked our courteous service and convenient location. Your feedback is valuable as it will help us improve moving forward. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

I was sick & sleeping. It was our 3rd or 4th day. I'm awakened by a quick knock. I unentangled myself from the bedding & went to the door, removing my earplug & there was a second quick knock. Before I could say anything, the door flew open & I found myself facing a Sikh man while stark naked. I slammed the door & he asked if I needed anything.
This episode was repeated later in our stay thought I was clothed.
Both times, the DO NOT DISTURB sign was in the keyhole. Won't ever stay there again.
This is not covering the dirty dish towel & myriad other issues.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We take these matters very seriously and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will take the necessary actions to ensure these issues are properly addressed.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

There is no room cleaning everyday neither enough towels at all, I reserved 7 days stay and there is no room clean and only provide 4 towels. One day I saw a cockroach on the table. There is no cloth hangers. Not good for family stay.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Fairfax - Fair Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry for not meeting your expectations and for the inconvenience it caused. We would like to inform you that, to respect the privacy of our long-term guests, our housekeeping service is conducted on a weekly basis, although we are always happy to provide this at your request for a minimal fee. We hope you will consider us again the next time you are in this area.