All reviewsfire pitthe toilet shower areastarbucks coffeeusa todaybreakfast and dinnernice hotelcomfortable staymetro stationking suiteindoor poolgeorge mason universityroom was clean and comfortablethree nightsminute drivefree breakfastbistrolobby
Reviewed 31 January 2018

I traveled to the Fairfax area for a baby shower, and stayed at this Courtyard for two nights. My drive down from New Jersey was awful with torrential rain and flooding; it was still down-pouring when I arrived, so I double parked and ran into the lobby to check in. This is relevant because I was totally stressed when I arrived -- and I was so grateful to be met by welcoming, friendly staff. They encouraged me to do whatever I had to do to stay dry -- including leaving my car out front as long as I needed. Also, because of the insane weather, they were having some issues with the fire alarm; the woman who checked me in made sure to let me know so I wouldn't be caught off guard, which I really appreciated (it did go off one more time after I arrived, and I was glad to be in the loop!). Once I got parked (they made sure I found a spot near the entrance closest to my room), I settled into my room -- clean, comfortable and just what I needed/was expecting from Courtyard for this trip. I would stay again!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Very good hotel for the price. Room was clean and comfortable, maybe could use an update with the style. The service was good at the front desk. However the food in the cafe was not that great and way over priced. Other than that very good and we would go back.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank sherylgary78
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Stayed for one night, and was very comfortable in a room with a king bed. Free breakfast was good. Mattress was a little hard for my taste, but I slept well enough.

It was a very clean, neat property, with a beautiful pool and spa - a nice place to relax.. Surprisingly quiet for location.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

stayed 2 nights - a good location for a D.C visit. we drove to a metro station - took about 15 minutes to arrive downtown. nice hotel - comfortable bed. my kids used the pool - we did not have their breakfast. we would stay again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Skip it. Room stayed at 76° with AC running and after a check by the front desk lady. Someone tried to enter the room at 7:30 am and it wasn't housekeeping, but they had a key and would've gotten in had we not used the latch. Uncomfortable beds. We addressed our issues with the front desk and was advised they weren't concerned with our complaints because we didn't book directly with them.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
micah S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fairfax Fair Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

I do sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We truly strive for great service and excellent customer satisfaction. From your comment, I am assuming the person trying to enter your room was a maintenance technician to trouble shoot your AC unit. I do however need to get your name so I can conduct further research and determine what occured. The beds also are also only 1 year old and we typically have guest raving about them. I do apologize that you did not find them comfortable. For reference, we have Sealy's Posturpedic mattresses in every room. However, I would like to get more details to ensure any issue that you had was an isolated one.

Again, my apologies the issues that you had. Please reach out to me at micah.smith@marriott.com so I can better understand the details of your stay.

Micah Smith