“Top Notch!!”

Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Faber
charleston
“Top Notch!!”
Reviewed 19 November 2009

This was by far the best wine experience I've ever had. Beautiful property and I did not taste a wine I did not like!!!

Indianapolis, Indiana
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 246 helpful votes
“Great wines”
Reviewed 29 July 2009

I have been visiting Delfosse for about 3-4 years now. It is a pretty setting but I definitely do not go here for the view. If you go for scenery go to Veritas, King Family, Stone Mountain, etc. I definitely go here for the wines. In my opinion it is the number 1 or 2 winery in terms of wine quality in all of Virginia. Also each time I go here the wine seems to get better and better. Claude is always very nice and welcoming. I like the red wines but the white wines especially the chardonnay reserve and viogner reserve are the stars here.

I recommend it to anybody wanting to try some excellent quality wines.

2 Thank jzstldc
Alexandria, VA
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Favorite Charlottesville Winery”
Reviewed 3 May 2009

This winery offers exceptional wines, along with a great outside area to sit and enjoy the scenery, a bottle of wine and a cheese plate. Whenever we got winetasting in the Charlottesville area, we always make sure DelFosse is on our list. The winery is run by a husband/wife who are very friendly and love to chat with tasters.

1 Thank shayer21
Auburn, Maine
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 193 helpful votes
“Just Okay”
Reviewed 27 May 2008

We visited several central Virginia wineries over Memorial Day weekend. Of these, Del Fosse was a "just okay" experience. There is a free tasting list as well as a separate tasting list with a fee to choose from. Neither had a very extensive selection of wines. We did the free list which included 3 whites, a rose, and 3 reds. Most of the wines were blends rather than varietals. We didn't care for their wines as much as many others we sampled over our weekend. We had good service and no wait time. We chose this winery to visit based on the many wines advertised on their website, so we were disappointed to arrive there (it is a bit off the beaten track compared to many other wineries in the area) and only taste a few of the available wines. So overall, a "just okay" experience and for that I probably wouldn't recommend it because of the drive it takes to get there. Having a broader selection of wines available to taste would be enough to move it up to 3 stars from 2.