New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Red Carpet Inn Emporia
Red Carpet Inn Emporia
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Emporia
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Lowest Price Cleanest Rooms Best Cable TV around Emporia”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2011

On Sunday-Thursday, property is VERY quiet! Ask for the high $20/low $30 rate--also find internet coupon. Clean, non-smoking rooms with a just-right bed mattress, good flowing hot shower water, though room doors outside are faded and need repainting; parking lot needs improved restriping/pavement maintenance. Yet, certainly much cleaner room, better beds than heavily advertised, lower-priced Reste Motel just north of Emporia; more cable channels than Knights Inn (I counted 60+ channnels at Red Carpet). Stayed two quiet days/nights--total bill was around $70. A safe place to stop off I-95/U.S. 301 when doing interstate or leisure traveling. Truck stop, limited-hours Convenience store across street--but they are not noisy from the motel. Another convenience store 1 mile n. on 301 into town sells lower priced gasoline; another mile further n. on 301 into old downtown Emporia, new, colorful Piggly Wiggly on side street to left near traffic light.

Room Tip: Ask for hi $20/lo $30 rate--use internet coupon
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Stevewonder1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
rockwelldesign
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2010

Driving from CT to Myrtle Beach we stopped here at around 3am. For the $40, we couldnt beat it, but I knew something was up when the guy in the office, who we paid through a bank teller window, was sketched out about US because we were from CT but had a rent a car with MA plates on it. The room, oh boy! I felt like we were on COPS, no actually I don't think I ever seen such a dirty place even on COPS. Dead cockroaches, damp musty, gross. We slept for about 3 hours on top of the sheets. We were so tense/freaked out/on edge that part what though the night, my fiancee woke up and asked me something and I jumped up and screamed as if a bug were crawling on my face and I was about to be murdered. All in all a gross creepy place to stay, but I will never forget it and will tell the story for for years to come. I don't think anyone will ever read this review before going here because, as it was for us, this place is just a last resort for people looking to get out for the cheapest rate possible and catch a couple hours of sleep. Thankfully it wasn't the summer, so it wasn't too hot and gross, but it sure was damp and musty. I honestly couldn' even dream this place up in a nightmare it was so bad. Spend the extra 12 dollars(literally) and go to the Sleep Inn down the road.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank rockwelldesign

Travellers are raving about these Emporia hotels

ma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2009

This place is the creamiest crop of crap when it comes to hotels.
Are you spontanious? Do you want to experience the true outdoors while being inside behind closed doors?
Well by all means this might be the place for you !!!
The creepy crawlers and multiple flies infesting the rooms are just the first of many adventures you will find here at red carpet inn. ITs a true hellish experience.
The bugs crawling down your walls, the baby roaches crawling on your pillows, and the flithy bathrooms will also add to the true outdoor feeling you will have while in Eporia Virginias Red Carpet Inn. Its located Exit 8 off rt 1-95 & us 301south,,
Ask for Yogi Patel, he is the manager of this dump and screwed us out of our money.

Well here is my story of this filthy place.
We were on oour way back home from vacationing in florida and found this place around 8 pm. We pulled into the front enterance and walked into the main lobby. That should have been the clear sign to high tail it out of there.. One woman was indian, all we could smell was curry powder and strange odors..I had to use the bathroom , so she told me it was in the back, i walked in the back, and seen a multitude of children in a room off the back hall, it was as if a family was living in a one room place.. In any event we were tired and rented 2 rooms, one for my inlaws and one for me,wife and kid.
We then proceded to go straight across the street to get something to eat, was very good food i may add, After an hour we go back to our room to check them out and unpack for the night. WHAT A DISASTER !!!!..
The different species of bugs that infested our rooms was something out of a nature magazine. Flies, dragon flies, spiders, roaches and other unknowns infested the place. BABY ROACHES crawling on the pillows, and under the bed sheets !!!!!!!
The inside of the fridge was disgusting, almost as if it had mold growing inside. The bathroom tub was all dirty as if someone had used it and left it with pubik hair, and the drain was all rusty.
The bathroom door did not close with out pushing really hard and chipped paint all over.
The tile work on the floor in the bathroom was just slapped into place..
The smell that came from the room was an experience i have rarely encountered before,, it not only came from the dirty carpets, but also from the dirty USED bed sheets and unclean dirty pillows. The pillows looked as if they had just been slept on and wrinkled . We had to argue for over an hour to get some of our money back.
They are THIEFS looking for a free ride. RENTER BEWARE !!! Inspect any hotel rooms before staying there.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank stugots00
Sunapee NH
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2009

If you are look for smelly, dirty rotting rooms, no hot water, but plenty of black mold and are a big fan of "PHYSCO" and the Bates Motel you will throughly enjoy this Red Carpet Inn. Non speaking English people that don't understand why you're upset when you ask for a refund.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank blackewe
New York State
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2008

When my wife and I arrived there was not a single car in the front parking lot of this one story motel. When I asked the desk clerk why , she told us that the customers were all parked around back and had rear rooms. I told her that I also wanted a rear room away from the road. She told me that a train passed by regularly. Therefore, we opted for a front facing room. Upon checking the rear parking lot, there was not a single car. When we entered the room there was a floor lamp bent in the middle, but still standing. My wife went into the bathroom, only to find a used towel hanging on the back of the door and urine on the toilet rim.The woodwork was heavily chipped and marked-up. Body hair was found on the bed blanket. The door to this ground floor room had a large opening under it, which could allow who knows what creatures to enter. The motel had a defunct restaurant at one end with a large heavily rusted sign on the roof. Needless to say, we did not stay. Due to the 24 hour cancellation policy, the manager would not refund our money.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple