All reviewskings dominionla quintaswafflesburger kingacross the streetroom was cleancoffee tablea pet friendly hotelcheck in was quicknice breakfastfirst flooroff seasongreat ratewould definitely stay here againmyrtle beachnice staygreat place to stay
Reviewed 9 August 2016

I expected the hotel to very clean and the position of the furniture in the room was extremely awkward. There was a couch and chair with a coffee table that had to be pushed against the wall under the microwave and beside the refrigerator so that you could walk through the room to get to the beds.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan C
Mary W, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2016

Thanks for your feed back!

Reviewed 8 August 2016

We stayed just one night with the intent of going to Kings Dominion the next day. The hotel was clean, the breakfast fare was pretty good, the swimming pool/hot tub was good for my young girls and for the price a good stay. One of the reasons I picked this hotel was for the free shuttle to and from Kings Dominion which is across the street. We didn't want to deal with the additional cost of parking. The shuttle there was good; however, when ready to return, the shuttle took 45 minutes to an hour. After a long, hot day of recreation, the last thing you want is not to be able to get to where you want to go. So we sat, waited, and called twice. Eventually someone at the desk said the shuttle was run by the park, not the hotel. Either way, it was very frustrating to be stranded at the park with tired young children and about 30 other adults. I would recommend staying at this hotel but not using the shuttle to and from the park.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank J4077
Mary W, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond - Kings Dominion, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2016

Thank you for your feed back! Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

don't get me wrong. The La Quinta brand is an amazing one but I think this one fell a little short of expectations. The bed was average but this one did not have the pillow top mattresses like every other La Quinta hotel we have been to. The room was huge since we did get an executive king room. Great shower head and high up so even a 6ft4in man like myself enjoyed it with plenty of room. The hotel does have a breakfast but it was near impossible to get anything as it was very busy. I even heard one lady say "let's go to Burger king". It was that busy. The dining room was cramped and people were eating breakfast while standing. They only had one guy trying to set everything up so that was not fair to him, he was doing a great job trying to keep things stocked.

The hotel does offer a shuttle to kings dominion which is right across the street... A nice perk for many people. We have Platinum passes so we get free parking to the amusement park so we didn't take advantage of the shuttle...

Will I stay here again, probably. But I wasnt blown away by the brand this time.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shawn A

Thanks for your feed back! Hope too see you soon. Thanks

Reviewed 5 August 2016

Everything was clean, and the staff was very pleasant. We had our cat with us, and there were no problems. Excellent hotel for pets. Would definitely stay again when traveling in this area. Very quiet given its proximity to I-95.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thanks for your feed back! Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2016

My husband I stopped here while driving home from Florida. I knew it would be a good stop because of past experiences with LaQuinta. They didn't disappoint. The hotel is pet friendly which was important because we had our fur babies with us, and they didn't charge extra for them. Check in was easy. Staff was friendly. We left very satisfied and rested.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple