Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Doswell (Kings Dominion), VA
USD 77
USD 87
USD 203
TripAdvisor
All reviewsacross the streetkings dominionburger kingwafflesroom was cleanfront desk attendantcomforts of homefree breakfastoff seasonroom ratecomfortable stayindoor poolthe hotel offersdecent sizeparking lotbreakfast barstayed one night
Reviewed 3 February 2018

Our room was non-smoking but there was a half smoked cigarette in our night stand.
There was mold growing in the shower and the curtain.
The furniture in the room was filthy with stains and other debris.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Radisson
Rujul S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Doswell (Kings Dominion), VA, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey.

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed your concerns with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Gm

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Stayed at this hotel in the middle of a drive from Florida to our home in upstate NY. Traffic was terrible in Florida, and we were hours behind our schedule. At 2am I couldn't go any further, saw the Kings Dominion sign and pulled off I95 assuming there would be some decent hotels at that exit. Pulled up Trip Advisor on my phone. It showed this hotel had a normal rate of $84, but that it was discounted to $59. The La Quinta next door was $57. But this had a higher rating, so I walked inside to book a room. Should have booked it online, the desk clerk said his lowest rate was $69, and made the comment "This is nearly a Five Star Hotel". I was tired, and the kids were in the lobby, so I paid the $69, when I should have walked across the parking lot to the La Quinta.
The hotel was ok, not spectacular. The room smelled of the deodorant they use when someone has smoked in the room and they try to cover it up. Room was otherwise relatively clean. Paint on the walls was chipped. Carpet a little worn. Beds were comfortable. Pillows nice. Breakfast was disappointing. Their "hot" breakfast was biscuits and gravy. I'm from the North, biscuits and a cream gravy with some brown bits is a side dish, not a breakfast. I expect a hot egg product, waffles or pancakes if there is an advertised "hot" breakfast. We ended up with raisin bran out of a bin and luke warm coffee.
Decent place for a $70 hotel, but certainly not a "Five Star Hotel". I probably would have given it a kinder review if construction vehicles hadn't woken us up before 8am, 5 hours after we got to sleep, and if we'd been given the price advertised on Trip Advisor.

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank shultz314
Reviewed 4 December 2017

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2017

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2017

Room was ok, but internet way to slow (could not steam video). "pool closed for repairs" added to the disappointment. breakfast was ok as well. overall, i would not stay here again due to the slow internet and lack of anything near by.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business