See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

This place is terrible. The rooms are disgusting. I am a smoker and the smell of smoke was nauseating to me. The paint on the walls are chipped, there was a hole in the bathroom door and the place just overall looked unwelcoming.

We booked online for my cousins wedding. When we arrived the gentlemen at the front desk was so rude. That should of been our cue to bail but we were tired so we ignored him. When I went to open my room door it was already occupied with 2 people and a dog!!! We went back to the office and informed the attendant and he torn up our reservation slip in our faces and
"Go!, it's done!"

Horrible just plain horrible.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2015 via mobile

We went to Danville for a poker tournament and needed a safe and affordable place to stay for 2 nights. The Budget Inn was this place. $100 for 2 nights; friday and saturday. The room was clean, king sized bed, flat screen tv, free wi-fi, microwave and refrigerator. Quiet, which made for a good nights sleep. Friendly staff, available when needed. We would book here again if we return to Danville.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2015

This is an OLD motel. Needs new carpet, paint, furniture and bedding. The walls are thin with holes in them, the air conditioner is loud and the tub and tiles are badly stained.

HOWEVER, it is only $30 - $45 per night which reflects the condition of the property. Four of us stayed here 7 nights in rooms 101, 103, 105 and 212. Harry, the owner, is extremely nice and courteous. The small lobby smells like curry and seems to be a family owned inn.

Our rooms were kept very clean during our stay and we were definitely satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank SandraChamplain
Reviewed 21 July 2015

Let me explain the title of my review. How you react to this place will hinge on your expectations. The cost to stay here is at least half of what most places in the area go for. If all you are looking for is a place to sleep you can consider the Budget Inn. This is an older motel that looks like it got pretty rough but was given a makeover. The room I had was clean, the carpet new, the bedding of good quality and not worn. It had a shower only which also appeared well maintained. It seems the current management is trying to provide a decent stay for the price. I would stay here again (I typically come to Danville for car racing and all I need is a clean bed and a shower).

Other travelers may not appreciate the value, however. The outside looks kept but slightly tired. The in-room furniture is pretty beat-up; mine had a door that wouldn't close. There are small refrigerators and microwaves and modern TVs. The bathroom was clean but half the floor tiles were loose and needed re-grouting. The glass barrier in the main office is off-putting and frankly worrisome but the surrounding neighborhood I drove through really didn't seem bad. Only places to dine nearby are fast food or a curious cafeteria style 'diner' across the street (that was actually pretty good).

Honestly, I was pleased with what it was for the price and didn't find it off-putting but then my expectations and needs are lower than most people. If all you want is a clean place to crash for a night the Budget Inn is fine. If you're expecting free breakfast, a pool or IKEA furnishings this isn't the place for you. You can't beat it for the price, but you should know what the price is going to bring.

Room Tip: Ice machine is outside at the front. I would ask for street level vs the 'lower' level at the back to avoid stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank ddavidv
Reviewed 20 May 2015

Found lodging on internet and read reviews of others before booking my room. It seems must want to stay at a 5 star and pay less. The rates are attractive and the room was modest with a comfortable bed, flat panel TV and WIFI. If in the area I will stay with them again.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo